MADHOOKASAVAM (SMALL) - INGREDIENTS INDICATIONS, USES AND BENEFITS
Madhookasavam is an herbal liquid remedy which is used to treat digestive disorders and is mainly used to treat irritable bowel syndrome and sprue.
Reference - Ashtang Hrudya / Chapter Grahnidosha Chikitsa 10 / 51
- Madhuka Flowers (Madhuka longifolia) – 1 part
- Additives (Prakshep Dravays)
- Ela (Elettaria cardamomum)
- Mrinala (Nelumbo nucifera)
- Agaru (Aquilaria agallocha)
- Chandana (Sanatlum album)
- Madhu (Honey)
- Water – 3 Drona
BENEFITS OF INGREDIENTS
- Madhuca (Madhuka longifolia) – Madhuca is a fermentative agent which is used in various Ayurvedic formulations. Flowers of this plant are used in this formulation. The flowers are sweet in taste and are highly beneficial in infertility, and indigestion.
- Ela (Elettaria cardamomum) – Ela is used in indigestion and is basically added to asavam to enhance flavour and fragrance.
- Mrinala (Lotus Stem) - Lotus stem has antioxidant properties and it is rich in vitamin A, B, C and dietary fibres. It is very beneficial for younger-looking skin and hyperacidity problems.
- Agaru (Aquilaria agallocha) – Agaru is a herb that helps to maintain the digestion.
- Chandana (Sanatlum album) – Chanadana is coolant in nature that's why it is very useful in treating skin disorder and burning sensation in body. This herb is a blood detoxifier hence used in the treatment of blood disorders. It helps to relieve burning sensation which is caused by gastritis and heart burn.
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Madhuca flowers are taken in one part and their swarasa (juice) is cooked till it is reduced to half of its quantity and cooled down to room temperature. Then all the above-mentioned ingredients with specific quantity should be mixed with this juice and kept in a mud vessel for one month. Make sure the mouth of the mud vessel is sealed properly to avoid any air contact. The vessel is kept for a month in a room after one month the formulation should be filtered and it is ready to use in all kinds of digestive disorders.
INDICATIONS OF MADHOOKASAVAM
Madookasavm is indicated in nourishing the body, sprue and indigestion.
BENEFITS OF MADHOOKASAVAM
- Madhookasavam is an Ayurvedic liquid formulation which is used to treat symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome.
- This remedy helps in secretion of digestive enzymes hence helpful in treating anorexia.
- This herbal formulation provides nutrition to body because it contains multiple herbs which are very effective to treat malabsorption.
12 to 25 ml once or twice daily as directed by physician.
It should be avoided in pregnant and lactating mothers.
Arya Vaidya Pharmacy