RASNASAPTHAKAM KASHAYAM - INGREDIENTS, USES, BENEFITS AND DOSAGE
Rasnasapthkam kashayam formulation is prepared from various herbs where the prime ingredient is rasna. It comes under kashayam preparation and made of seven herbs. This herbal formulation is useful in musculoskeletal disorders to treat joint stiffness, pain, and swelling.
- Rasna (Pluchea lanceolata) – 1 part
- Amrutha (Tinospora cordifolia) – 1 part
- Daru (Cedrus deodara) – 1 part
- Aragwadha (Cassia fistula) – 1 part
- Gokshur (Tribulus terrestris) – 1 part
- Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa) – 1 part
- Errand (Ricinus communis) – 1 part
- Additive is shunthi churna (Zingiber officinale)
- Water – 16 times to all
SAHASARYOGA // KASHAYAY PRAKARAN
BENEFITS OF INGREDIENTS
- Rasna (Pluchea lanceolata) - Rasna is a medicinal plant which is digestive in action that helps to digest ama (toxins)from the body and also averts the chance of accumulation of toxins in the body. It treats Vata and Kapha dosha in the body and useful in treating rheumatoid arthritis as it prevents accumulations of toxins in joints which is the main cause of rheumatoid arthritis. It relieves symptoms like inflammation and pain. It has muscle relaxant properties and widely used to manage stiffness.
- Amrutha (Tinospora cordifolia) – It is pungent and bitter in taste and pacifies all three doshas in the body. Its main action is anti-inflammatory and it helps in the treatment of rheumatism. It also exhibits analgesic quality helpful in the treatment of pain in sides of flanks, ankles and pelvis. It is immunomodulatory in action and helps in improves immunity if used on a regular basis.
- Daru (Cedrus deodara) – The extract of this plant has anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic in action. It helps to relieve pain, swelling and tenderness, due to its analgesic and anti-inflammatory property thus, beneficial in treating joint disorders.
- Aragwadha (Cassia fistula) – This plant has anti-arthritic properties and it helps to pacify aggrivated vata dosha, which is responsible for pain. This herb helps in relieving symptoms of arthritis. It helps to clear toxins by regularly evacuating the bowel.
- Gokshur (Tribulus terrestris) – Gokshur is diuretic in nature and it helps in the treatment of any kind of inflammation in the body.
- Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa) – It is a potent Ayurvedic herb with immense health benefits. This herb is anti-inflammatory in action and used in the treatment of various Vata disorders.
- Errand (Ricinus communis) – It is useful in the treatment of Vata related problems such as arthritis. It is anti-inflammatory in action hence useful in the treatment of pain and swelling in rheumatic arthritis.
METHOD OF PREPARATION
First of all prepare the coarse powder of all the ingredients and add water to it. Then this mixture is boiled until it is reduced to one eighth. On completion of the process, it should be filtered with a clean cloth and used in a lukewarm state.
This kashayam preparation is a liquid formulation which is used in treating body pains such as pain in ankle, flanks, joints and pelvis region. It is also useful in the treatment of all rheumatic complaints.
USES AND BENEFITS OF RASNASAPTHAKAM KASHAYAM
- It is useful in the treatment of all kinds of Vata disorders.
- It has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties thus beneficial in pain, stiffness, and inflammation.
- It also improves digestion, increases appetite and treats abdominal cramps as well.
5 to 15 ml once or twice daily with 4 times boiled and cooled water as suggested by physician
Arya Vaidya Pharmacy