Reference: Siddha Yoga Sangraha, Jwara Adhikara, AFI Vol. II
Samshamani Vati is an Ayurvedic medicine which is formulated to treat the all types of fevers. It has antipyretic and anti-inflammatory properties. Giloya (Indian Tinospora) is used to prepare this Ayurvedic medicine. It balances Vata and Pitta dohsas in the body.
- Guduchi (Giloya) - Indian Tinospora (stem) - Tinospora cordifolia
Method of preparation
- Coarse powder of herb Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia) is made.
- It is boiled in the water until it reduced to a quarter parts. Then it is filtered.
- It is further boiled to form a semi solid mass.
- It is then rolled into pills form.
Samshamani Vati is an Ayurvedic medicine formulated to manage fever. Major ingredient of this medicine is Giloya (Indian Tinospora). This herb has the great medicinal importance in Ayurveda to lower down the elevated body temperature in chronic fever. This medicine helps to strengthen the body’s immune system and enhances the body’s ability to fight against the various bacterial, viral and fungal infections. It is effective for weakness as it helps to boost up strength and energy in body.
- Chronic fever
(250 - 500 mg) - 1 - 2 tablets, one or twice in a day, before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- There are no known side effects with this medicine.
- Pregnant, diabetic, lactating mothers and children should take this medicine only under medical supervision.