SARIBADYASAVAM - INGREDIENTS, INDICATIONS, USES AND BENEFITS
Saribadyasavam is a commonly used Ayurvedic medication for the treatment of metabolic diseases such as diabetes, gout and rheumatoid arthritis. Patients suffering from skin problems can also use this medicine to control the symptoms. It is a liquid medicine containing Sariva or Indian Sarsaparilla as its main ingredient. It is also called Sarivadyasav,or Saribadyasavam.
- KRISHAN ANANTMOOLA (Hemidesmus indicus) – 160gm
- NAGARMOTHA (Cyperus rotundus) - 160gm
- LODHRA (Symplocos racemose) - 160gm
- VAT BARK (Ficus benghalensis) - 160gm
- PIPPALI (Piper longum) - 160gm
- KACHUR (Hedychium spicatum) - 160gm
- SHAWETANANTMOOLA (Hemidesmus indicus) -160gm
- PADMAKASHTA (Prunus cerasoides) -160gm
- HARIBERA (Coleus vettiveroides) – 160GM
- PATHA (Cissampelos pareira)-160gm
- AMLA (Emblica officinalis) - 160gm
- GUDUCHI (Tinospora cordifolia) - 160gm
- KHAS (Vetiveria zizanoides) -160gm
- LAL CHANDAN (Pterocarpus santalinus) - 160gm
- SHAWET CHANDAN (Santalum album) - 160gm
- AJWAIN (Trachyspermum ammi) - 160gm
- KUTKI (Picrorhiza kurrooa) -160gm
- TEJPATTA (Cinnamomum tamala) - 160gm
- CHOTO ELAYACHI (Elettaria cardamomum) - 160gm
- BADI ELAICHI (Amomum subulatum) -160gm
- KOOTH (Saussurea lappa) - 160gm
- SANAYPATTI (Cassia angustifolia) – 160gm
- HARITAKI (Terminalia chebula) – 160gm
- WATER – 20.48 litres
SANDHAN DRAVYA (FERMENTING AGENTS)
- DHATAKI FLOWERS (Woodfordia fruitcosa) – 400GM
- MUNNKA (Vitis vinifera) – 2.4GM
- GUDA (JAGGERY) – 12KG
REFERENCE – SAHASRAYOGAM ASVA YOGA PRAKARANAM
BENEFITS OF INGREDIENTS
- KRISHAN ANANTMOOLA (Hemidesmus indicus) - The main ingredient of this asvam is anatmoola (Roots). This herb is of two type’s krishan (Black) and shweta (White).
- USES OF BLACK VARIETY – Krishan anantmoola has absorbent and coolant properties. It is useful in treating excessive thirst and anorexia. It is diuretic in nature and used in treating the diabetic condition.
- NAGARMOTHA (Cyperus rotundus) - Nagarmotha herb is digestive in nature hence useful in rheumatoid arthritis. It is also diuretic in nature.
- LODHRA (Symplocos racemose) - Lodhra is pitta pacifying herb as it has cool potency. It is used in bleeding disorders such as dysfunctional uterine bleeding and piles. It is also useful in treating various skin diseases.
- VAT BARK (Ficus benghalensis) –The bark of this plant has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties, which have been found to be useful in relieving arthritis.
- PIPPALI (Piper longum) - Pippali is known as a “tridoshic” herb, as it is suitable for all body-types. It detoxifies body and aids digestion due to its pungent properties. This spice is quite useful in the treatment of piles and fissures.
- KACHUR (Hedychium spicatum) – Kachur an Ayurvedic herb is known to treat digestive disorders, cardiac disorders, debility, blood disorders, respiratory afflictions, and skin diseases.
- SHAWETANANTMOOLA (Hemidesmus indicus) -This herb has anti-inflammatory activity. It aids digestion and increases digestive power. It is used for treatment of gout and arthritis. This herb is also used for treating leprosy and for syphilis.
- PADMAKASHTA (Prunus cerasoides) – It is antipyretic and useful in treating vomiting, leprosy and leucoderma.
- HARIBERA (Coleus vettiveroides) – It has coolant properties hence useful in treating burning sensation, dyspepsia, skin disorders and fever.
- PATHA (Cissampelos pareira) - Patha is anti-inflammatory in action and it is used in the treatment of swelling and pitta disorders.
- AMLA (Emblica officinalis) – Amla is rich in vitamin c and fibers. This herb detoxifies the body and helps to regulate the blood glucose level.
- GUDUCHI (Tinospora cordifolia) - Guduchi is a powerful detoxifying agent which is used to get rid of toxic chemicals in the liver and blood. Guduchi is immune modulatory herb and used in treatment of fever.
- KHAS (Vetiveria zizanoides) –This herb is widely used to treat fever, burning sensation and dysuria. Due to its cool potency this herb is useful in treatment of various skin disorders and fistula.
- LAL CHANDAN (Pterocarpus santalinus) – Lal chandan is packed with anti-inflammatory and healing properties and has been used as an antiseptic in traditional Ayurvedic medicine.
- SHAWET CHANDAN (Santalum album) – Shawet chandan is coolant in nature and used in treating urinary tract infections. It is also used to treat vaginal infections and common cold and bronchitis.
- AJWAIN (Trachyspermum ammi) – Ajwain gives instant relief from acidity and indigestion. Ajwain is used to improve digestive fire, thus helpful in treating anorexia. Being anti-inflammatory in nature thus, used to treat inflammatory conditions in the body.
- KUTKI (Picrorhiza kurroa) - Kutki as its name suggests is bitter in taste and highly beneficial in treatment of diabetes. It is also useful in detoxification of liver and strengthens our immune system.
- TEJPATTA (Cinnamomum tamala) - Cinnamomum tamala leaves have aromatic, astringent, stimulant and carminative qualities and used in rheumatism, colic, diarrhoea, nausea and vomiting.
- CHOTI ELAYACHI (Elettaria cardamomum) - It has diuretic, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- BADI ELAYACHI (Amomum subulatum) – It is antiseptic and anti-inflammatory in action. It is used to treat digestive ailments.
- KOOTH (Saussurea lappa) –This herb has anti ulcerative and anti-inflammatory properties. It is used in treating piles and wounds
- SANAYPATTI (Cassia angustifolia) – The leaves of this herb are used in treating fissures and piles.
- HARITAKI (Terminalia chebula) – Haritaki is a potent herb to treat digestive system disorders. It also prevents diabetes and useful in wound healing
- BENEFITS OF SANDHAN DRAVYA – Sandhan drvayas are also known as fermenting agents who help in the fermentation process. Dhataki flowers along with sugar content present in jaggery and draksha (Vitis vinifera) undergoes the fermentation process.
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Prepare the fine powders of churan drvays and mix it with water. Then add sandhan drvays to it, take it in an earthen vessel and kept undisturbed for one month for the fermentation process. On completion of fermentation process it should be filtered and stored in bottles for further use.
This herbal formulation is used to treat diabetes and its complications, boils, syphilis, fistula and rheumatic disorders.
USES AND BENEFITS OF SARIBADYASAVAM
- Saribadyasavam is a natural blood detoxification product. It cleanses the blood and eliminates the harmful toxic substances from the body.
- Saribadyasavam is highly beneficial for the patients with diabetes. It helps in controlling the higher levels of blood sugar and prevents the complications of diabetes. It works by increasing the production of insulin and regulating the metabolism of carbohydrates.
- Saribadyasavam has been found to be useful in the management of skin disorders caused by diabetes. It reduces the risk of recurrent fungal infections and diabetic foot in these patients. It is particularly useful in the treatment of diabetic carbuncle.
- Saribadyasavam is useful in the treatment of joint diseases like arthritis. It is also used for the treatment of gout. Gout is a metabolic disorder that occurs due to an elevated level of uric acid in the blood. Saribadyasavam can help in controlling these symptoms by regulating the metabolic processes and thereby reducing the uric acid levels.
- It is also used for the management of rheumatoid arthritis. There is considerable damage to the joint causing pain, swelling, and restricted movements. This condition usually affects the small joints of the fingers and toes. Saribadyasavam provides relief from these symptoms by correcting the abnormality associated with the immune system.
12 to 25 ML once or twice daily as advised by the Physician
Arya Vaidya Pharmacy