Reference: Bhaishajya Ratnavali Shirorogadhikara 49 - 51.
Shadbindu Thailam (Oil) is an Ayurvedic herbal oil used for Nasya (nasal administration). This Ayurvedic oil is useful to relieve headache, baldness and hair fall.
- Taila - Sesame oil - Sesamum indicum - 768 ml
- Aja Ksheera - Goat milk - 3.072 liters
- Bhringaja - Eclipta alba - juice extract - 3.072 liters
Paste prepared from fine powders of 19 g of each of:-
- Eranda - Castor - Ricinus communis
- Tagara - Indian valerian (root) - Valeriana wallichi
- Shatahva - Indian Dill - Anethum sowa
- Jivanti - Leptadenia reticulata
- Rasna - Pluchea lanceolata/Vanda roxburghi
- Saindhava - Rock salt
- Bhringa - Cinnamon - Cinnamomum zeylanicum
- Vidanga - False black pepper - Embelia ribes
- Yashti - Licorice – Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Vishwaushadha - Ginger - Zingiber officinalis
Method of preparation
The above set of ingredients is heated till only oil remains, filtered.
How to use?
It is used for Nasya Ayurvedic treatment. 2 - 6 drops of the oil are instilled into each nostril, after massage and hot treatment to face.
- Teeth weakness
- Improves vision and immunity
- Prevents falling of hair
- Sharpens the Eyesight
- Do not use this product for self-medication. Take only under the guidance of an Ayurvedic doctor.
- In sensitive people, it may cause nasal irritation and excessive secretions.
- Keep out of sight and reach of children.