Reference: Bhaishajya Ratnavali
Shringarabhra Ras is an herbal formulation in the form of tablets. It is used to treat respiratory and digestive diseases. This medicine consists of heavy metal ingredients, therefore, it should be taken under medical supervision. This medication helps to balance three doshas.
- Mica bhasma
- Camphor (Cinnamomum camphora)
- Nutmeg (Myristica fragrans)
- Pavonia odorata
- Gajapippali (Scindapsus aromaticum)
- Patra (Cinnamomum tamala)
- Clove (Syzigium aromaticum)
- Nardostachys jatamansi
- Talispatra (Abbies webbiana)
- Cinnamon (Cinnamomum zeylanicum)
- Nagkeshara (Mesua ferrea)
- Kushta (Saussurea lappa)
- Fire flame bush (Woodfordia fructicosa)
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
- Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica)
- Amalaki (Emblica officinalis)
- Saunth (Zingiber officinalis)
- Black pepper (Piper nigrum)
- Long pepper (Piper longum)
- Cardamom (Elettaria cardamomum)
- Nutmeg peel (Myristica fragrans)
- Purified sulphur
- Purified mercury
Method of Preparation
Clean and grind all the ingredients using some water. When the mixture attains the consistency of a paste them make pills of 125 mg each.
2 tablets in the morning with fresh ginger juice after meal.
- Bleeding disorders
- Self-medication is not encouraged as it contains heavy metal ingredients.
- Over dosage might lead to severe poisonous effects.
- It should be avoided in pregnancy, lactation and children.