Reference - Siddha Yoga Sangrah
Urinary tract infections are the one that are most common these days. It might be due to bacterial infection in the bladder and urethra, people with low immune response, active sexual life, IUD insertion etc. Rather than taking antibiotics for this we should move our way towards ayurvedic classical formulations. I know you all are thinking that why should we choose ayurveda over allopathy? Don't worry after reading this article you will get all your answers. So now we are going to discuss one of the best ayurvedic formulations for Urinary tract infections i.e. Shweta parpati.
Shwet parpati also known as Kshara parpati and is a very impressive formulation in tablet or powder form used in urinary disorders. It also acts as an antacid along with behaving as a diuretic. It is an Ayurvedic classical preparation which has very good results in managing disorders related to digestion and urinary system as well. Anyone would prefer this formulation if they are suffering from UTI. Because ayurveda is a science of life which gives us holistic healing without causing any adverse effects. This formulation is totally herbal and devoid of any type of chemical, preservative and additives. So let's start discussing it in detail!
Main Action Of Shweta Parpati
Diuretic and antacid
- Surya kshara (sora) also called purified potassium nitrate (16 gm)
- Sphatika (purified potash alum) (2gm)
- Navasadara (1 gm)
Description Of The Ingredients
- Surya kshara (purified potassium nitrate) - It is an alkali which acts on the kidneys and helps in increasing the flow of urine. It also lowers down the blood pressure and does detoxification by alleviating all the harmful toxins from the body. It balances the pitta dosha.
- Sphatika (Phitkari) - Sphatik is a very useful compound used in the removal of extra bacteria and microbes that cause sepsis in the urinary tract. It has a cooling effect on the body thus prevents the excessive loss of blood. It helps in increasing the glomerular filtration rate and removes the toxins.
- Navasadara (Aluminium chloride) - Navasadara is a useful compound which aids in relieving symptoms like burning micturition, dysuria, itching in UTI, retention of urine due to its diuretic property. It provides a cooling effect on the body.
Method Of Preparation
- All the above ingredients are mixed and heated until they melted well
- Now pour it in a flat surface and pressed to form thin white crust (parpati)
NOTE: In this formulation mud vessel is taken instead of iron vessel and ingredients are heated without adding ghee unlike in other parpati preparation.
Effects On Tridosha
It mainly balances all the three dosha i.s. vata, kapha and pitta dosha.
Shwet parpati has ingredients like Surya kshara (sora) also called purified potassium nitrate, sphatika (purified potash alum) and navasadara, generally known as purified ammonium chloride. These ingredients are very potent in managing many symptoms related to the digestive system and urinary system. It is very useful in urinary system disorders like pain while urinating, burning sensation while urinating, kidney stone and most importantly works as a brilliant diuretic by excreting out toxins from the body. For the digestion system, it reduces the excessive acid production in the stomach thus avoiding regurgitation and hence helpful in amla pitta too. For working on the whole digestive system navasadara plays a very important role due to its pachak effect.
- Kidney stones
- Burning micturition
- Dyspepsia (Discomforting pain in abdomen)
- Low appetite
- Urinary tract infections
- Flatulence and bloating
- Enhances digestion fire
- Polyuria in diabetic patients
It can be given in the dose of 125-500 mg, in two or three divided doses. (The best administration is to be done with half boiled milk).
Cow's ghee, Mishri or as according to the disease.
- Its administration should be done under expert supervision.
- Use of this formulation in pregnant women and lactating women should not be guided.
- Its best to avoid its use in children
Therefore, coming to an end we can say that shweta parpati is the best formulation to be chosen for managing urinary tract infections. We should choose this formulation because taking antibiotics in a daily routine possess numerous adverse effects like vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, bloating, indigestion, loss of appetite etc. For more queries you can consult online on email@example.com.