Visham Jwarantak Loha
Reference - Bhaishajya ratnavali
Health is wealth. We all have been studying this quotation since childhood. What is the most common reaction of the body when it undergoes some pathology? It's a fever! It is a defensive process in which our body raises its normal temperature to stop the pathological reaction. Is it a matter of thinking? No until the pathology is not severe or fever is recurrent. So for the management of fever we are going to discuss one of the classically indicated formulations i.e Visham jwarantak loha and its numerous other health benefits.
Visham jwarantak loha is a classical ayurvedic preparation mainly indicated in pyrexia. It is used in the management of all types of fevers such as typhoid, malaria, dengue, Viral fever etc. It pacifies all the three dosha and sustains the normal functioning of the body.
Vishama Jwara (Typhoid)
- Shuddha parad - 10gm
- Shuddha gandhak - 10gm
- Ras Sindoor - 10gm
- Suvarna bhasma - 10gm
- Rajat bhasma - 10gm
- Loha bhasma - 10gm
- Abhrak bhasma - 10gm
- Tamra bhasma - 10gm
- Talsatva - 10gm
- Vanga bhasma - 10gm
- Moti Pishti - 10gm
- Praval bhasma - 10gm
- Swarna makshika - 10gm
Description Of The Ingredients
- Shuddha Parad (Purified Mercury) - Parad is a widely used flowing metalloid in ayurvedic practice and used in all types of Rasaushadhi. It has various health benefits thus very good in managing ailments like general debility, weakness, sexual problems, Asthma, cardiac ailments. Suddha parad purifies the body and boosts the immune system by maintaining the balance of all the three dosha.
- Shuddha Gandhak (Purified sulphur) - Gandhak is an amazing rasayan and also known as purified sulphur. It has ushna (hot) and madhur (sweet) properties. Therefore, it promotes the digestive fire and assists in managing skin disorders, leprosy, weak digestive power, worm infestations and acts as antivenom also.
- Ras sindoor (Red oxide of mercury) - Ras sindoor balances vata, pitta and kapha dosha and promotes good health. It aids in relieving constipation and is helpful in eye disorders. And helps in strengthening the body.
- Suvarna bhasma (calx of purified Gold) -Calx of gold is a wonderful preparation which possesses snigdha (smooth), vrishya (aphrodisiac), brihana (strengthening), medhya (nervine tonic), promotes digestive fire and antioxidant properties. It sustains the balance of trisodha and maintains good health.
- Rajata Bhasma (Purified Silver)- Rajat bhasma mainly pacifies vata and kapha dosha. It has rasayan (rejuvenator), sheetal (cold), kshya (astringent), guru (heavy), amala (sour), digestive stimulant properties. So it maintains obesity, constipation and provides energy to the body.
- Loha bhasma (Calx of Iron) - Loha bhasma is very good for increasing hemoglobin. This formulation possesses tikta (Bitter) rasa, snigdha (smooth), ushna (hot) guna and cold potency. It acts as an amazing rasayan (rejuvenator), normalizes all the three dosha and prevents anti-aging. It is also very useful in yakrit vikara (liver disorders), prameha (diabetes), shoola (pain in abdomen), pandu (anemia) etc.
- Abhrak bhasma (Calx of Mica) - Abhrak bhasma enhances the memory and is useful in alleviating all types of disorders. It is Amruttulya (comparable to nectar) and acts as vrishya (Aphrodisiac). It mainly balances vata and pitta dosha. Abhraka , Increases digestive power also and strengthens the body’s immunity.
- Tamra bhasma (Calx of copper) - Tamra bhasma is widely used in ayurvedic practice due to its numerous health benefits. It is used in reducing symptoms of kasa (cough), shwas (dyspnoea), kshay (tuberculosis), mandagni (weak digestive fire), pandu (anemia), gulma (abdominal tumors), aruchi (anorexia), murcha (vertigo), shoola (pain in abdomen), fever etc.
- Vanga bhasma (Calx of tin) - It is tikta (bitter), ruksha (rough), ushna (hot) and slightly elevated vata dosha and manage diseases like diabetes, Kpah elevated disorders, worm infestation and obesity by doing lekhana of meda (crapping of adipose tissue).
- Moti Pishti (Pearl’s paste) - It normalises kapha and pitta dosha and is very good for burning sensation in feet and hands. Mukta is a rejuvenator which nourishes the body very well.
- Praval bhasma (Coral calx) - Praval is a wonderful gemstone which assists in managing raktapitta (bleeding disorders), kasa (cough), eye disorders and weak digestion
- Swarna makshika (Iron and copper pyrite) - It acts as rasayana and aphrodisiac. Swarna makshik bhasma also helps in managing conditions like anemia, high blood pressure, palpitation, insomnia, headache, anxiety, depression and maining good digestive health.
- Talsatva (Sesamum indicum) - It has Anti-ageing properties, Boosts Skin and dental Health, promotes digestion, Lowers down the blood pressure, bone health and a good source of energy.
Method Of Preparation
- Prepare kajjali by mixing both parad (Mercury) and gandhak (Sulphur).
- Add all the bhasma in the kajjali.
- Then give 3-3 bhavna of each Nirgundi patra swaras (Vitex negundo), Tamboolpatra swaras (Cinnamomum tamala), Kakmachi swarasa (Solanum nigrum), Pitpapra swarasa (Fumaria indica), Triphala kwath (Myrobalans), karela patra swarasa (Momordica charantia), Dashamoola kwatha (root of 10 herbs), Punarnava panchang swaras (Boerhavia diffusa), Guduchi kanda swarasa (Tinospora cordifolia), vasa patra swarasa (Adhatoda vasica), Bhringraj panchang swaras (Eclipta alba), Peet Pushpa bhringraj swaras (Eclipta prostrata).
- Now prepare 1-1 ratti (125 mg) tablets.
- Fever of unknown origin
- Viral fever
- Anemia (Low hemoglobin)
- Inflammatory conditions
- Malabsorption syndrome
- Tridosha elevation
Visham jwarantak loha is a classical ayurvedic preparation prepared using a calx of potent minerals and potential herbs juice or decoction. Classically it is indicated in Pyrexia or fever. As per ayurvedic texts, visham jwarantak loha is indicated in all types of fevers occurring in the body like vishama jwara (typhoid), Kshaya (tuberculosis), Malaria fever, dengue fever and many others. It can also be used in Anemia, weak immunity, low digestive fire. This formulation increases the oxygen carrying capacity of the blood by increasing the level of HB.
125 mg once or twice a day or as directed by your physician.
- Keep it in cool or dry place
- Avoid giving it to children
- It should be taken under guidance of Ayurveda’s expert physician
- Avoid in lactation and pregnancy
Therefore we can conclude that visham jwarantak loha is a wonderful herbal formulation which is used in all types of fevers. Along with that it is also also indicated in low immunity, weak digestion and anemia. SO use this formulation and keep yourself fit and healthy.