Reference: Yogaratnakara Apasmara Chikitsa
Smriti Sagar Ras is an Ayurvedic medicine available in tablet form. It is used in the treatment of epilepsy and neurological diseases. It balances tridoshas - Vata, Pitta and Kapha in body. This medicine contains heavy metal ingredients, hence should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
10 g fine powder of each of
- Shuddha Parada - Purified and processed Mercury
- Shuddha Gandhaka - Purified and processed Sulphur
- Shuddha Haratala - Purified Orpiment (Arsenis tri sulphide)
- Manashila - Purified Realgar - Arsenic Di Sulphide
- Tamra Bhasma - Bhasma (calx) of Copper
- Quantity sufficient of water decoction or juice extract of following for grinding for 21 times each.
- Vacha - Sweet flag (rhizome) - Acorus calamus
- Brahmi - Thyme Leaved Gratiola (whole plant) - Bacopa monnieri
- Katabhi - Jyotishmati - Celastrus paniculata
Properties of Smriti Sagar Ras
Smriti Sagar Ras is meant to resolve the neurological disorders. It is used to manage the various problems like epilepsy, memory loss, neuropathy etc. Natural ingredients used in the formulation of this medicine support the healthy brain functions. It acts as the rejuvenator for brain. It helps to enhance the memory, intelligence and learning skills. It acts the nervine tonic. This medicine works well to manage the symptoms associated with epilepsy like fainting, temporary confusion etc. Use of this medicine is quite effective for memory loss. Smriti Sagar Ras is also known to be quite effective in weakness, numbness, pain in hands and feet.
- Memory loss
Take 250 - 500 mg in the morning and evening, with ghee, before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- This medicine should be strictly taken only under medical supervision.
- Over-dosage may result in the severe poisonous effect.
- Self-medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous, since it contains heavy metal ingredient.
- Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
- This medicine should be avoided in pregnancy, lactation and in children.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.