Reference: Rasa Tarangini 21/19-20
Swarna Makshik Bhasma is an Ayurvedic medicine which is prepared from mineral of Copper and Iron Pyrite. This ayurvedic preparation is used in the treatment of various diseases like jaundice, heartburn, bleeding piles, anemia, chronic low grade fever, burning sensation in the eyes, burning micturition, nausea, vomiting, headache with pulsating pain or feeling of burning sensation or heat, itching, leucorrhoea, diabetes, piles, skin diseases and other abdominal diseases etc. This medicine helps to balance the kapha and pitta doshas.
Swarna Makshik (Chalcopyrite or copper iron sulphide in English).
Method of Preparation
- Purified Swarna makshika is boiled with lemon juice and then dried.
- It is again ground with lemon juice and made into bars.
- These bars are heated in a closed container in absence of air in 500 – 600 degree Celsius.
- This process is repeated for 10 times to obtain its Bhasma (Calx).
125 – 250 mg once or twice a day before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- It is used to treat the high blood pressure levels.
- It is useful to treat the anemia.
- It is used to cure the various brain health issues like insomnia, headache, anxiety, stress and depression.
- This medicine helps to treat the various digestive health issues like chronic gastritis, heartburn, nausea, vomiting, peptic ulcer and ulcerative colitis.
- Low grade fever.
- It is used in the treatment of jaundice and hepatitis.
- This medicine is also used to treat the mouth ulcers.
- Used to treat vertigo.
- Burning micturition.
- Burning sensation in the eyes
- It is used to cure the women health issues like leucorrhoea and membranous dysmenorrhea.
- Self-medication with this medicine may be dangerous.
- This medicine should be taken in the precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
- Avoid this medicine during pregnancy, lactation and in children.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.
- Store in a dry cool place.