Due to illness mostly patients lose their desire to eat anything. Here is the healthy delicious sabudana recipe. When someone has health issues it is preferred to give a light meal moreover sabudana is low in calories thus it is considered as healthy food. Sabudana is also known as the fasting food and made from the cassava plant's starch. Sabudana is packed with the high nutritional properties because it is the rich source of carbohydrates and energy. It is useful in weight gain, balances the blood pressure, improves the digestion and increases the energy levels.
- 1/3 cup - Sabudana (Sago)
- 1 cup water
- 3 Cups - Milk
- 4 tablespoon - Cow ghee
- 8-10 - Cashew nuts
- Sugar according to taste
- Some flakes of saffron
- 1-2 - Cardamom
- Take 1/3 cup of Sabudana (sago) and clean it with water for 2-3 times.
- Next step is to soak Sabudana (sago) in water for least 2-3 hours.
- Heat the ghee in the pan to roast Sabudana.
- Add water in Sabudana and boil for 10 minutes.
- Add milk in the boiling Sabudana and don't forget stirring because ingredients can burn in the bottom.
- Cook Sabudana for at least 15 minutes until it becomes translucent.
- Add sugar according to taste.
- Add cashew nuts and cardamom then again boil for 5-6 minutes.
- Now sweet Sabudana (sago) is ready and can be served in the warm or chilled form.
- For timing saving, soak the Sabudana (sago) in warm water for 2-3 hours.
- Do not stop stirring Subudana otherwise it will stick to each other.
- Cashew nuts are rich in vitamins, minerals and proteins so by the addition of nuts, nutritional value of sweet Sabudana (Sago) pudding can be increased.
- If you are making this sweet pudding for diabetic patients then don't add sugar.
- People who are overweight should use the cream free milk in recipe.