Tambula Lehyam also known as Thamboola lehyam is an herbal formulation which aids in curing respiratory disorders like cold, cough, and asthma to name a few. Tambula is referred to a betel leaf which is the key ingredient of this formulation.
- Betel leaf extract (Piper betel)
- Himamshu (Bambusa bambos)
- Long pepper (Piper longum)
- Cumin (Cuminum cyminum)
Method of Preparation
Clean all the ingredients and make a water decoction of Piper betel. After the decoction is made, add powdered form of remaining ingredients and sugar and heat it till it attains a semisolid consistency. In the end honey is added and combined well.
5 grams twice a day with honey or lukewarm water after meals.
- Whooping cough
- Breath constraint
- Over dosage should be avoided.
- There are no reported side effects of this formulation.