Tankan Bhasma - Uses, Benefits, Indications, Side Effects and Dosage
Reference: Rasa Tarangini 133/79-81
What is tankan bhasma
Tankan Bhasma is a special Ayurvedic medicine prepared from Borax. This Ayurvedic calcined formulation is used to cure the various complications like bronchitis, abdominal pain, cough, breathing problems, wheezing, dandruff, bad breath, foul-smelling urine and dysmenorrhea. Tankan Bhasma is very effective Ayurvedic treatment for the lack of menstruation in females. This Ayurvedic preparation helps to balance the vata and kapha doshas.
Tankan Bhasma Ingredients
Method of Tankan Bhasma Preparation
Tankan Bhasma – prepared from Sodium borate. It is heated to evaporate the moisture, then further heated to get white dry powder.
Tankan Bhasma Dosage
125 mg to 250 mg of this Bhasma is taken daily along with honey and ghee.
Tankan Bhasma Uses and Benefits
- Use of this medicine is quite effective to treat the female health complications. It helps to induce the menstruation in women suffering with amenorrhea or oligomenorrhea (Scanty menstrual flow). It helps to improve menstrual flow.
- It is used to treat the respiratory complications like cough, bronchitis, wheezing, asthma and chest congestion.
- It is helpful to treat the urinary infections.
- It is good quite good to improve the digestion power and also relieves the bloating.
- It cures the bad breath.
- This medicine is used in the treatment of food poisoning and abdominal colic pain.
- It is used to cure the skin sores.
- It is helpful to treat the viral infections of skin like hand foot and mouth disorder.
- It is quite effective for the treatment of dandruff.
Tankan Bhasma Side Effects
- Use of this increases Pitta and hence leads to the burning sensation in few people. So caution should be taken while administering this medicine in the case of gastritis and peptic ulcer patients.
- Tankan Bhasma should be avoided during pregnancy.
- Take this medicine during lactation period only under medical supervision.
- Long term usage of this medicine can cause oligospermia.