Reference: Ayurveda Prakasha 3/145, Rasaratnasamucchayam
Tamra Bhasma is an Ayurvedic medicine, prepared from Copper. The main action of this Ayurvedic preparation is on spleen, liver, stomach, intestines, skin and muscles. It stimulates the bile secretion from the liver and gall bladder. Hence, it helps to increase the peristaltic movements, eases digestion and stimulates appetite. Besides this Tamra bhasma is also used in the treatment of various other problems like skin diseases, obesity, piles and asthma etc. Tamra bhasma is very useful to cure the food poisoning because it produces the instant vomiting to extrude the poison from body.
Shuddha Tamra – Purified Copper
Method of Preparation
Purified Copper is added with purified Sulphur and crushed well. (Or Copper is pounded with aloe vera juice) thin cakes are prepared and heated in a closed container under 500 – 700 degree celcius for 24 hours, to obtain black colored bhasma (Copper Calx).
50 mg-125mg once or twice a day before or after food or as suggested by Ayurvedic doctor.
This medicine is traditionally administered along with ghee, honey milk or with sugar.
- Enlargement of liver and spleen.
- This medicines is very useful to treat the chronic respiratory conditions like bronchial asthma, cough, cold and tuberculosis.
- Used to treat the digestive health issues like hyperacidity and loss of appetite.
- It is used to treat the high cholesterol.
- Used in the treatment of cancer.
- Food poisoning.
- Useful in the treatment of parasitic infections.
- Used to cure the various neurological disorders.
- This medicine should be taken only under strict medical supervision.
- Self-medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous.
- Over-dosage may cause severe poisonous side effects.
- Avoid this medicine during pregnant, lactating mothers and children.
- Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as recommended by doctor.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.
- Store in a dry cool place.