What is Liver Cirrhosis?
It is the last stage of chronic liver disease that causes scarring of the liver. It mainly effects and distorted the liver, internal structure and functioning. During scaring of liver tissue a large number of normal liver tissues is permanently replaced with these non-functioning scar tissues. Scaring cause continues damage to your liver. Under such conditions, your liver is not able to perform its vital functions of metabolism, filleting of toxins, production of proteins, etc. The Ayurvedic treatment of liver cirrhosis halts the liver damage and also reduce the symptoms of cirrhosis. Most people think that excessive alcohol consumption is the only reason behind liver cirrhosis, but they are wrong, there are several other reasons that can damage your liver and lead to cirrhosis. Last and advanced stage of liver cirrhosis is life threatening. It can also lead to a number of other complications such as liver cancer.
Symptoms of Liver Cirrhosis
- Loss of appetite
- Lack of energy always feels fatigue
- Sudden Weight loss or gain
- Red or blotchy palms
- Light-colored stools
- Yellowing of the skin or the whites of eyes (jaundice)
- Itchy skin
- Excessive fluid in the body and swelling in the ankles, legs, and abdomen
- Brownish or orange color urine
- Blood in the stool
- Nausea and vomiting
- Accelerated heartbeat
- Hair loss
- Bleeding gums
- Memory problem
- Blood in vomiting
- Very pale and black stool
Causes of Cirrhosis
- Long-term and excessive alcohol consumption
- Fatty liver disease
- Hepatitis B and C infection
- Blockage to the bile duct
- Cystic fibrosis
- Poorly formed bile ducts
- Iron buildup in the body
- Copper accumulated in the liver
- Infection, such as syphilis or brucellosis
- Liver disease caused by your body's immune system
- Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency
- Hardening and scarring of the bile ducts
Diagnosis of Liver Cirrhosis
- Blood test to check the sign of liver dysfunction such as excess bilirubin, and for certain enzymes which indicates the malfunctioning of the liver.
- Imaging test: Magnetic resonance elastrography detects the hardness and stiffness of the liver
- Biopsy: needed to check the cause, severity, and extent of liver damage.
Risk Factors of Liver Cirrhosis
- Being overweight
- Drinking too much alcohol
- Hepatitis infection
Complications of Liver Cirrhosis
- Swelling in the legs and abdomen
- Enlargement of spleen
- High blood pressure
- Liver cancer
- Bone disease
In Ayurveda, there are three doshas (kapha, pitta, and vata). Vitiation of any of them leads to body dysfunction. In case of cirrhosis aggravated Pitta is directly associated with excess bile production and disturb our normal body digestion metabolism. Pachaka Pitta is associated with digestion, assimilation, and metabolism. Vitiated pitta ultimately affects the Agni (digestive fire) of the body which is responsible for absorption, digestion and body metabolism. According to Ayurveda cirrhosis is somehow related to Yakrit vikar "Yakrit" which is Sanskrit name of liver and "Vikara" known as a disorder.
Ayurvedic Medicines for Liver Cirrhosis by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda provides an herbal combo pack known as "Liver Care Pack", which contains a blend of various natural herbs. It is 100% natural and free from any harmful preservative, additive and chemical compounds. The liver care pack contains natural extract of herb such as Bhringraj (Eclipta alba), Kaasni (Cichorium intybus), Bhumi Amla (Phyllanthus niruri), Katuki (Picrorhiza kurrao), Makoy (Solanum indicum), Punarnava (Boerrhavia diffusa), Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata), etc.
- Indian Echinacea - 2 capsule twice daily after meals.
- Yakrit Plihantak Churna - You can boil the powder 1 teaspoonful in 400 ml water, keep it boiling until it remains 50 ml. Strain it and drink the water. Leave the residue. Do it twice daily. Make fresh every time.
- Phyllanthus Niruri - 2 capsule twice daily after meals.
- Liver Detox Capsules - 2 twice daily after meals.
1. Echinacea Capsules
The product contains pure extract of Echinacea herb. This herb is mainly found on the Rocky Mountains of the United States, also grow in Canada and Europe. Roots, leaves, and flowers of the herb have been used as an herbal extract in many ayurvedic products. Echinacea fights against various body infections such as cold, flu, and fight against liver infection due to cirrhosis. It reduces the symptoms of liver disease.
2. Yakrit Plihantak Churna
The product is 100% natural and contains blends of herbs such as Bhumi Amla (Phyllanthus niruri), Katuki (Picrorhiza kurrao), Makoy (Solanum indicum), Sharpunkha (Tephrosia purpurea), Kaasni (Cichorium intybus), Bhringraj (Eclipta alba), Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata), and Punarnava (Boerrhavia diffusa). Yakrit Plihantak churna (Yakrit means liver and Pliha means spleen) improves the liver functioning.
- Katuki (Picrorhiza kurrao): katuki maintain the bile production and excretion and by doing so it removes the excess pitta from the body.
- Bhringraj: it is commonly known as the false daisy. It contains antioxidant, anticancer, antibacterial, hypotensive, analgesic and vitamin D, iron, Magnesium.
- Kaasni (Cichorium intybus): This herb has healing power, which provides care to your liver and kidney.
- Punarnava (Boerrhavia diffusa): this herb act as a great liver tonic which helps in detoxification of the liver and balance the vitiated pitta dosha in the body.
3. Phyllanthus Niruri
This product contains natural extract of Bhumi Amla which is a rejuvenating herb. It also acts as a blood purifier and shows curative properties. This herbal product enhances the healing power of the liver and treats jaundice. The herb contains chemicals such as lignans, amarin, alkaloids, flavonoids, gernanin, and phenylpropanoid.
4. Liver Detox Formula
This product of liver care pack helps to remove all the toxins from the liver and helps in detoxification. The product contains a mixture of number of herbs such as Katuki (Picrorhiza kurrao), Punarnava (Boerrhavia diffusa), Jhavuka (Tamarix galluca) Makoy (Solanum nigrum), Biranjasipha (Achillea millefolium-Yarrow), Himsra (Capparis spinosa), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata), and Kasni (Cichorium intybus). The product helps in maintaining the proper level of hormones which are processed in the liver.
The Liver Care Pack which is described above is recommended by Dr. Vikram Chauhan for the treatment of liver disorders. This pack contains a blend of a number of herbs which overcomes the symptoms of liver cirrhosis. The liver care pack is purely natural combo pack which has no side effects.
Where to buy Liver Care Pack?
To buy Liver Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/liver-care-pack.html.
Food items which should be avoided
- Avoid soda, packed high fat dairy products.
- Fried foods
- Fast foods
- Excess Alcohol consumption
- Sugary items like cookies packed baked goods etc.
- Avoid packet, and tinned soups
- Avoid foods high in salt
- Raw or partially cooked shellfish.
Food items which you should add to your diet
- Plenty of fruits and vegetables
- Beetroot juice
- Crucifer vegetables
- Blueberries and cranberries
- Eat lots of protein-rich food such as fish, egg white and beans.
- Low-fat dairy products
- Add whole grains such as pats, brown rice, barley, and quinoa in your diet.
- Add healthy fats like nuts, avocado, olive oil in your daily routine.