Trikantaka Ghrita - Benefits, Usage, Indications and Dosage
Reference: Sahasrayogam Ghritaprakarana
Trikantaka Ghrita is an Ayurvedic formulation with clarified butter as its base. It is basically used to cure urinary and renal disorders.
- Trikantaka (Tribulus terrestris]
- Water for decoction - 12.288 liters boiled and reduced to 3.072 liters
9.140 grams of each of:-
- Cardamom (Elettaria cardamomum)
- Shilajit (Asphaltum)
- Shilabheda (Aerva lanata)
- Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra)
- Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus)
- Darbha (Desmostachya bipinnata)
- Ambu (Pavonia odorata)
- Shaundi (Piper longum)
- Vasuka (Adhatoda zeylanica)
- Vasiraka (Piper cubeba)
- Kasha (Saccharum spontaneum)
- Ikshumoola (Root of sugarcane)
- Matsyakshika (Enhydra fluctuans)
- Ghee / Clarified butter
Method of Preparation
Combine the mentioned herbs and decoction and add them to the clarified butter. Heat them till the herbs are completely infused in it and the clarified butter is medicated.
12 grams with lukewarm water, laghu trin panchmool kwath or warm milk.
- Renal colic
- Urinary disorders
- There are no reported side effects with this medicine.
- Self-medication should be avoided.
- Over dosage might lead to diarrhea.