Reference: Sharangdhara Samhita Madhyama Khanda 9/119-123.5, AFI Vol 1, Bhaishajya Ratnavali, Sahasrayogam.
Prasarini Thailam (Oil) is classical formulation that keeps the Vata and Kapha Doshas balanced. This Ayurvedic oil is an efficient Ayurvedic treatment that can be used externally, helpful in reducing pain and swelling. It is an effective remedy for rheumatoid arthritis, sciatica, neck pain, stiffness etc.
- Prasarini (Paederia foetida) – 4.8 kg
- Water for decoction – 12.288 liters, boiled and reduced to 3.072 liters
- Til Oil (Sesamum indicum) - 3.072 liters
- Curd – 3.072 kg
- Kanjika (Fermented gruel) – 3.072 liters
- Cow milk – 12.288 liters
Prepare Paste using fine powders of 32 g of each of below given ingredients:-
- Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra)
- Pippalimoola (Long pepper) (Piper longum) - root
- Chitraka (Plumbago zeylanica)
- Saindhava (Rock Salt)
- Vacha (Acorus calamus)
- Prasarini (Paederia foetida)
- Devadaru (Cedrus deodara)
- Rasna (Pluchea lanceolata)
- Gajapippali (Scindapsus officinalis / Piper chaba)
- Bhallataka (Semecarpus anacordium) Purified
- Shatapushpa (Anethum sowa)
- Mamsi (Nardostachys jatamansi)
Method of Preparation
Mix all the ingredients given above and boil them till whole moisture is lost from the oil and then filter it.
Prasarini Thailam (Oil) is the formulation that is known to use externally. This formulation contains certain herbs that are enriched with active components. One of the main herb prasarini is known to have phytochemicals - sitosterol, stigmasterol, iridoid, glycosides, alkaloids, carbohydrates, protein and amino acid etc. The phytochemicals present in other herbs are – phlobatannins, coumarins, glycyrrhizin, glycyrrhizinic acid, anthraquinones, emodins, glabrin A and B, leucoanthocyanins and isoflavones. These phytochemicals are known to provide therapeutic properties such as – antioxidant, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, stimulatory etc. One more, anti-nociceptive properties control problems related to painful or injurious stimulus by sensory neurons. The Immunologic adjuvant properties known to enhance the immune system. The analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties provide relief from pain and stiffness in the muscles and joints.
Prasarini Thailam (Oil) is a useful to treat rheumatoid arthritis, sciatica, neck pain, stiffness etc. It is used for external application.
How to Use?
It is used as external application for massage and externally it can be used for a long period of time.
Contraindications / Side Effects
No side effects have been reported with its external application.Share with your friends: