Reference: Sharangadhara Samhita madhyama khanda 7/82-83
Triphala Guggulu, Ayurvedic medicine in tablet form is a well-balanced combination of two very efficient herbs, where Triphala is one of the most effective bowel cleanser, Guggulu acts as an effective defense agent for the body. It is a good anti-inflammatory, anti-viral agent also.
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) - 48 g
- Vibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica) - 48 g
- Amalaki (Emblica officinalis) - 48 g
- Pippali – Long pepper - 48 g
- Guggulu – Purified Commiphora mukul.
Method of Preparation
All ingredients Haritaki, Vibhitaki, Amalaki, and Pippali are powdered together and added to Guggulu and finally it is rolled into pills of uniform size around 500 mg.
Consume 1-2 tablets 2-3 times a day, before or after meals or as suggested by Ayurvedic doctor.
- Widely used for weight loss as Triphala being the main ingredient which helps to control cholesterol.
- Cleansing and toning effect on gastrointestinal tract, maintaining healthy digestion and providing relief from Piles, fistula and inflammatory conditions.
- Ayurvedic Remedy for acne.
- Treats osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Suitable for various heart related disorders and improves liver functions.
- Controls high blood pressure and anxiety levels as well act as anti-depressant.
- Beneficial in fatigue, constipation, diabetes, low metabolism, sinusitis, allergies, sinus congestion, rheumatism, arthritis, hemorrhoids, toxemia, hyperglycemia, general debility, brittle nails, inflammation, flatulence, dullness in skin, myopia, headaches.
Contraindications/ Side Effects
- Guggulu is considered as promoter of menstrual blood and stimulates urine flow. Therefore must be avoided during Pregnancy.
- Self-medication with this medicine is discouraged.
- It is better to use this product under medical supervision.
- Very high dose than prescribed may lead to stomach irritation.