Reference: Sahasrayogam, Taila Yoga Prakarana 44
Triphaladi Thailam (Oil) is a classical formulation available as an Ayurvedic herbal oil. It is useful treatment for controlling headache, hair fall, grey hair etc. It has good use as external application.
341.33 grams of each of:-
- Haritaki – Terminalia chebula
- Vibhitaki – Terminalia bellirica
- Amla – Emblica officinalis
- Giloy – Tinospora cordifolia
- Ketaki – Pandanus tectorius
- Asanaka – Pterocarpus marsupium
- Bala – Sida cordifolia
- Castor – Ricinus communis
- Indravalli – Citrullus colocynthis
- water for decoction – 12.288 liters, boiled and reduced to 3.072 liters
- Juice extract / decoction of Eclipta alba
- Amla juice extract – Emblica officinalis
- Taila – Sesame oil / Coconut oil--1.536 liters.
- Cow milk – 1.536 liters
Use about 8 grams of fine powder of each ingredient to form paste:-
- Kushta – Saussurea lappa
- Licorice – Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Padmaka – Prunus puddum
- Usheera – Vetiveria zizanioides
- Rakta Chandana – Pterocarpus santalinus
- Musta – Cyperus rotundus
- Ela – Cardamom – Elettaria cardamomum
- Cinnamon – Cinnamomum zeylanicum
- Mamsi – Nardostachys jatamansi
- Ashwagandha – Withania somnifera
- Bala – Sida cordifolia
- Amruta – Tinospora cordifolia
- Sariva – Hemidesmus indicus
- Amarakashta – Cedrus deodara
- Clove – Syzigium aromaticum
- Nata – Valeriana wallichi
- Choraka – Angelica glauca
- Shweta Kamala – White lotus
- Rakta Kamala – Nelumbium speciosum
- Kalhara – Woodfordia fruticosa
- Padma – Nelumbo nicufera
- Anjana – Berberis aristata
- Neeli – Indigofera tinctorea
Method of Preparation
All ingredients are added to sesame oil and oil is prepared by oil paak method.
An herbal oil preparation which is used for external application, helps to balance the all three doshas i.e. vata, pitta and kapha in body. It is used for various hair related problems like hair fall, grey hair, baldness etc. Massage of this oil over head provides relief from severe headache, sinusitis, and rhinitis, also shows positive results in relieving mental stress and fatigue. Apart from these it is good for diseases related to neck, eyes, ears and throat. It is also used as massage oil.
- It is very useful treatment in controlling split hair, grey hair and provides strength to hair.
- It is effective in providing relief from headache, sinusitis and rhinitis.
- Also good therapy in case of diseases related to neck, eyes, ear and throat.
How to Use?
It can be used as hair oil and for head massage.
Contraindications / Side Effects
No side effects are has been reported with external use of this oil.Share with your friends: