Reference: Bhaishajya Ratnavali, Hridrog Adhikara 66-67
Prabhakar Vati is a tablet, used in Ayurvedic treatment of heart diseases. It contains mineral origin ingredients and hence should only be taken under a doctor's prescription. It is used in Ayurvedic treatment of heart diseases. It acts as cardiac tonic. It is also used as general co-prescription in many cardiac ailments.
- Makshika Bhasma – Bhasma of Copper and Iron Pyrite
- Loha Bhasma - Bhasma prepared from Iron
- Abhraka Bhasma - Purified and processed Mica
- Tavakshir - Bambusa bambos
- Shuddha Shilajatu – Asphaltum
- Arjuna – Terminalia arjuna
How to Make?
Fine powder of above ingredients is triturated with decoction of Arjuna, semisolid mass is prepared, and pills are made.
125 mg – 250 mg, once or twice a day, after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- Palpitation (abnormality of heartbeat)
- Heart problems
- Cardiac diseases
This product should only be taken under strict medical supervision. Since it is indicated in cardiac diseases, self-medication with this product may cause serious side effects.
Note - Not suitable for pregnant and lactating mothers and children.