Trivang Bhasma - Uses, Benefits, Indications, Side Effects and Dosage
Reference: Siddha Yoga Sangraha
Trivang Bhasma is an Ayurvedic calcined formulation made from three elements Tin, lead and zinc. This formulation is very useful in curing diabetes, urinary disorders, premature ejaculation and generalized weakness. It shows its effects mainly on testes, ovaries, uterus, nerves and urinary bladder. The consumption of this formulation provides strength and important minerals and vitamins to the body. It should be used in a small dosage.
Trivang Bhasma Ingredients
- Purified lead
- Purified zinc
- Purified tin
- Sufficient amount of powdered Cannabis sativa and Papaver somniferum
Method of Trivang Bhasma Preparation
Mix the three purified elements and put them in an iron pan. Add the 2 powdered herbs slowly and gradually and mix rapidly till they become homogenous and in the form of a powder. Cover the pan with a lid and cook it for 12- 14 hours on high heat. When the mixture changes its color to a deep red, turn the flame off. Let it cool then strain it with a muslin cloth and triturate it with fresh Aloe Vera juice. After it dries off, heat it in a sealed container 7 times to obtain a yellow colored powder which is the final product.
Trivang Bhasma Dosage
125 mg twice a day after meals with butter or honey.
Trivang Bhasma Uses
- Boosts immunity
- Urinary disorders
- Underdeveloped female external and internal organs
- Impotency in males
- Night fall
Trivang Bhasma Contraindications
- This formulation contains heavy metals which are treated with herbs. It should therefore not be used for more than a period of six weeks.
- If it is consumed for more than six weeks then it might cause heavy metals toxicity.
- It should be avoided during pregnancy and lactation. This formulation shouldn't be given to kids.
- Over dosage should be strictly avoided.
- Self-medication is discouraged.