Unmada Gajankush Ras
Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Unmadrogadhikar 504/38-40
Unmada gajankush rasa is an Ayurvedic formulation. The ingredients in this are effective in digestive and mental problems.
- Shuddha Parada - 75 gms
- Shuddha Tamra Churna - 25 gms
- Shuddha Dhatura Beej - 25 gms
- Abhrak Bhasma - 25 gms
- Shuddha Gandhak - 325 gms
- Shuddha Vatsanabha - 25 gms
Description of Main Ingredients
- Shuddha Parada - It is a pure form of mercury (Hg). Parada is a silver coloured liquid metal also called as Quicksilver which is very effective. It balances all the three doshas (Vata, Pitta and Kapha). This improves the brain function and assists in relieving various psychological disorders.
- Shuddha Gandha - Sulphur is also used as medicine in various diseases. This is a non-metallic solid element found in nature. In Ayurveda it is first detoxified to get shuddha Gandhak. It acts as laxative and alterative. Pure form of sulphur is used as Rasayan (Rejuvenate). It improves digestion by stimulating digestive fire and is helpful in psychological condition also.
- Abhrak Bhasma (Calcined mica) - It is useful in digestive problems. It provides nutrition to the Rasadi dhatus (bodily tissues) and improves brain function by providing nourishment to the brain tissues.
- Shuddha Vatsanabha (Aconitum ferox) - This is used as medicine after detoxification. It has antipyretic and diaphoretic properties. It pacifies vata, pitta and kapha dosha. It improves the brain function by strengthening the neuron's activity.
Bhavna Dravya (Ingredients)
- Dhatura Patra Swaras (Extracts of Datura metel)
- Pippali Swaras (Extracts of Piper longum)
- Kupilu Kwath (Decoction of Strychnos nuxvomica)
Method of Preparation
- Keep the Parada in kharal yantra and properly mix this parada with the Extracts of Dhatura patra for 3 days.
- Again give proper frolement to this mixture with the extracts of Pippali swaras and the extracts of Kupilu kwath for 3 days.
- Make a pishti of this parada by adding shudha Tamra churna.
- Then take shuddha Gandhak in a pot and place this pishti over this gandhak and give cooked this in a gajput yantra.
- Do this procedure 2- 3 times.
- Make 325 mg tablets and let them dry.
- Kept these tablets in a glass container.
Unmada gajankush rasa is an Ayurvedic formulation. The ingredients in this are very effective in mental illness. They provide strength to the nerves of the nervous system. The ingredients also act as digestive means they improve digestive power by stimulating digestive fire.
- Unmada (obsessive compulsive disorders)
1 tablet twice a day with warm ghee.
- Avoid in pregnancy and lactating women.
- Take under the medical supervision.