Unmada Bhanjani Vatika
Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Unmadrogadhikar 504/31-34
Unmada bhanjani vatika is an Ayurvedic formulation. It is a herbo-mineral composition. It contains ingredients which are helpful in treating mental disorders and fever.
- Shunthi (Zingiber officinale)
- Maricha (Piper nigrum)
- Pippali (Piper longum)
- Shuddha Manahshila (Realgar)
- Saindhav Lavan (Rock salt)
- Katuki (Picrorhiza kurroa)
- Vacha (Acorus calamus)
- Shirishbeej (Seeds of Albizia lebbeck)
- Hingu (Ferula narthex)
- Shwet Sarson (Brassica nigra)
- Karanjbeej (Seeds of Millettia pinnata)
- Kabutar Ka Beeth (Pigeon poop)
Description of Main Ingredients
- Trikatu - Trikatu includes Shunthi (Zingiber officinale), Maricha (Piper nigrum), Pippali (Piper longum). Trikatu is well known for its numerous health benefits. It is very beneficial in respiratory disorders such as asthma, rhinitis, sinusitis, cough, cold etc. It balances the tridosha and maintains the normal functioning of the body.
- Shuddha Manahshila (Realgar) - It is very useful in upper respiratory tract infections. It pacifies all the three dosha and does detoxification of the body. It alleviates all the harmful toxins and makes it free from all the ailments.
- Katuki (Picrorhiza kurroa) - Katuki is mainly known for its hepatoprotective property. It strengthens the functioning of the liver and spleen. It mainly pacifies Pitta dosha and improves digestive fire. It also enhances the function of nerves.
- Vacha (Acorus calamus) - It is very good for memory loss, Alzheimer disease, anxiety, depression and other psychosomatic disorders. It improves the function of nerves and strengthens the CNS.
Method of Preparation
- Make a fine powder of above drugs.
- Give proper frolement with cow’s urine.
- Make suppositories of this mixture and let them dry.
- Kept these suppositories in a glass container.
Unmada bhanjani vatika is a herbo-mineral composition. This Ayurvedic formulation is good for psychological disorders. It improves brain function by providing strength to the nervous system.
- Malarial fever
How to Apply
- At Day - Abrade this suppository with decoction of jivaniya gann and apply over eyes (morning and afternoon).
- At Night - Abrade this suppository with water and apply over eyes.
Apply this under the medical supervision.