Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Krimirogadhikar 369/36-37
Ketari rasa is an Ayurvedic remedy. It is used in intestinal worm infestation. This ayurvedic medicine has been used for centuries.
- Shuddha Parada (Purified Mercury)
- Shuddha Gandhak (Purified Sulphur)
- Indrayava Churna (Holarrhena antidysenterica)
- Ajmoda Churna (Apium graveolens)
- Shuddha Manahshila (Purified Realgar)
- Palash Beej Churna (Butea monosperma)
Description of Ingredients
- Shuddha Parada - A potent ingredient used in maximum Ayurvedic Formulations. It has a variety of uses such as used in digestive problems, respiratory problems, cardiac problems etc. It increases the digestive fire because Mandagni (low digestive fire) is the root cause of every disease.
- Shuddha Gandhak - This is a pale yellow substance which is used in several Ayurvedic formulations because of its variety of functions. It is used in purifying blood, useful in stimulating digestive fire, and acts as an anti-parasitic (used in worm infestation).
- Indrayava Churna - It is the best herb for diarrheal symptoms. it balances Kapha and pitta dosha. This herb strengthens the dhatus and promotes nutrition to the body. This herb is also beneficial in worm infestations.
- Ajmoda Churna - This herb is used in the treatment of digestive problems. It enhances the digestion power. It kills the infested worms in the intestines because it has an anti-parasitic effect. It is also useful in arthritic conditions.
- Shuddha Manahshila - This is a formulation of Realgar. It is bright orange red in color. This ingredient is used in the treatment of hiccough, dyspnea, cough and digestive problems. This is used in Ayurveda after purification. It has antibacterial properties too.
- Palash Beej Churna - This herb is used as tonic and anthelmintic in action. So in Ayurveda, it is used for the treatment of krimi roga (worm infestation). It also has anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antidiabetic, antitumor properties.
Method of Preparation
- Prepare kajjali from Gandhak and Parada.
- Then add rest of the ingredients and mixes it properly.
- Give 1 bhavna with the extracts of devdali (Luffa echinata).
- Make 125 mg tablet and let them dry.
- Keep these in a glass container.
- Krimi Roga (Worm Infestations)
- Increase Appetite
1 tablet twice a day with the extracts or decoction of Mudgaparni (Phaseolus trilobus).
Strictly taken under medical supervision.