Vajra (Diamond, Heerak) Bhasma - Benefits, Usage, Indications and Dosage
Reference: Rasa Tarangini
Vajra Bhasma is also known as Heerak Bhasma is a formulation of Diamonds. It is a carbon based medicine. There are other elements other than diamond which are present in a smaller quantity because of its processing in an iron container. This formulation acts as a rejuvenator, a nutritious tonic, aphrodisiac. It aids in strengthening the heart and the entire body. Heerak Bhasma is an excellent medicine to cure cardiac ailments by eradicating the hindrances in the coronary arteries, provides relief in Angina pectoris, eases the contraction of veins and blood clotting and enhances the blood circulation.
Also, it helps in keeping equilibrium of the three Doshas.
- Purified diamond
Method of Preparation
Grind equal quantities of purified diamond along with Ras sindoor and purified sulphur. Put it in a container and seal it properly and heat it at a high temperature of 800- 900 Celsius. Let it cool down and then repeat the same process for 14 times to get the final product.
- It should be consumed in a very small amount, 5- 8 mg twice a day after meals.
- It can be taken with butter, clarified butter, milk or honey.
- Respiratory ailments
- Liver disorders
- Eye diseases
- Cardiac disorders
- Enhances libido
- Over dosage should be avoided and might cause severe gastritis.
- It should be taken for a short duration.
- Self-medication is discouraged and should be taken under medical supervision only.