Reference: Bhaishajya Ratnavali
Vasant Malti Ras is an herbal mineral formulation. It should be taken under strict medical supervision as it consists of heavy metals. It helps in treating chronic fever, asthma etc. It is also known as Suvarna Malini Vasant and Suvarna Vasant Malti Ras.
- Gold Bhasma
- Pearl Bhasma
- Purified Cinnabar (An ore of Mercury and sulphur)
- Black Pepper (Piper nigrum)
- Kharpara (Rasaka)
- Purified Mercury
- Purified Sulphur
- Trikatu (Pepper, long pepper and dried ginger)
- Copper bhasma
- Iron Bhasma
Juice Extract of:-
- Solanum xanthocarpum
- Datura metel
- Picrorrhiza kurroa
- Lemon juice
Method of Preparation
Grind the first five ingredients with lemon juice and grind the remaining ingredients with juice extracts of the given ingredients and form tablets of 125 mg each of the obtained paste and let them dry.
2 tablets twice daily after meals along with honey.
- Chronic fever
- Chronic asthma
- Over dosage might lead to severe gastritis.
- It should be avoided by pregnant women, lactation and children.
- Self-medication might prove to be dangerous.