Reference - Bhaishajya Ratnavali Grehni Roga Adhikara 514-516
Agastyasootraaj ras is a Classical Ayurvedic formulation that consists of a mixture of herbs and minerals. This is known to consist of ingredients which are known for their properties like digestive, analgesic, appetizer, anti-diarrheal etc.
- Shudh Parad (Purified mercury) - 10 grams: This is pure form of mercury means purified mercury is used as medicine. Parada is silver coloured liquid metal also called Quicksilver. Parada is a very effective drug. It balances all the three doshas (Vata, Pitta and Kapha). It has Aphrodiasic (Vrishya), Balya (Tonic), acts as Rasayana (Rejuvenate) properties. It improves digestion and strength.
- Sudh Gandhak (Purified sulphur) - 10 grams: Pure form of Sulphur is also used as medicine in various diseases. This is a non-metallic solid element found in nature. In Ayurveda it is first detoxified to get Shudha Gandhaka. It acts as laxative and alterative. Pure form of sulphur is used as Rasayan (Rejuvenate). It improves digestion by stimulating digestive fire.
- Sudh Hingul (Purified Ferula asafoetida ) - 20 grams: This pacifies vata and kapha dosha. It increases pitta dosha and relieves abdominal pain. This stimulates digestive fire and used as appetizer.
Other Ingredients Are:
- Sudh Dhatoorbeej Churana (Purified seed’s powder of Datura metel) - 40 grams
- Sudh Afeem (Purified Papaver somnifera) - 40 grams
- Bhavna Dravya: Bhringraj swaras (Decoction of Eclipta alba)
Method of Preparation
- Make a kajjali by making homogenous mixture from Shudh parad & Shudh gandhak in same quantity in a kharal.
- Mix the other ingredients in fine powdered form and mix it by giving bhavna of Bhringraj swaras.
- Make tablet of 125-125 mg and then dry it in shady area.
It is the best medicine for a big disease like Grahani. When given with 3 gram powder of Sonth, Maricha & Pippali churna along with honey this medicine provide relief in vomiting, pain, kaphaj & vataj disorders, mandagni (decreased digestive power) etc. If this Rasa is consumed with 125 mg of Maricha churna and ghee it will help in dysenteric conditions. When used with cumin & Jay phal's 3 gram churna it can provide relief in 6 types of diarrhea.
- Grahani (Inflammatory Bowel Disease)
- Parvahika (Dysentery)
- Atisaar (Diarrhea)
Up to 125 mg daily or 1 tablet daily.
Maricha churna or with ghee or according to dosha.
- Avoid in pregnancy and lactation.
- Take under medical supervision.