Reference - Bhaishajya Ratnavali Jwaradhikarah 5/711-718
Aghornarsingha rasa is an herbomineral formulation consisting of many herbs and minerals. The ingredients of this medicine are well known for their effective antipyretic action, cold action, and anti-diarrheal actions along with effects in chronic cough conditions.
- Vanga Bhasma - 3 parts
- Swarnamakshika Bhasma - 1 part
- Shuddha Mainshila - 1 part
- Krishnasarpa Visha - 4 parts
- Shuddha Kuchla - 22 parts
- Shuddha Vatsnabha - 88 parts
- Tamra Bhasma - 1 part
- Loha Bhasma - 2 parts
- Abhrak Bhasma - 4 parts
- Shuddha Parada - 1 part
- Shuddha Gandhak - 1 part
- Trikatu - 4 parts
Description of Main Ingredients
- Trikatu Churna (Powder of three herbs having hot potency) - The combination of sonth (Zingiber officinale), maricha (Piper nigrum) and pippali (Piper longum). This medicine is very much beneficial in improving digestion and is widely used as analgesic, anti-inflammatory and blood purifier.
- Shuddha Vatsnabha (Detoxified form of Aconitum ferox) is the best herb used for swedojanan (induce sweating), and thus acting as the best antipyretic. Also other properties include ama pachak (detoxifier), mucolytic, diuretic etc.
- Shuddha Kuchla (Strychnos nuxvomica) pacify vata and kapha dosha having properties like antihelminthic, diuretic in action, good appetizer, digestive stimulant, a helpful tonic in nervous disorders.
Method of Preparation
Make a kajjali (homogenous mixture) of Parada and Gandhak in a kharal yantra. Then mix mainshila and other bhasma in that kharal yantra along with kajjali. After that, give proper frolement to above mentioned powders. After that give 1 proper mix to them with the gallbladder (bile) of rohit fish, buffalo, peacock or pig. After that give a final mix with nirgundi patra swaras (fresh juice extract of Vitex negundo) and chitrak mool kwath (decoction made from roots of Plumbago zeylanica). And then make the tablets as big as the size of mustard and dry it in the sunlight.
This medicine contains a lot of ingredients that are antipyretic in nature. When this medicine is given with coconut milk in case of chronic fever conditions (visham sannipat jwar), visuchka and atisaar (chronic diarrheal conditions), it gives immediate relief. It can be used in excessive thirst and burning sensation related cases with the coconut milk. This rasa is also termed as rasanamuttmo rasah (i.e. the best among all the rasa medicines).
- 13 types of Sannipataja jwara ( chronic fevers)
- Diarrheal fever
- Burning sensations in hands and feet
- Burning sensation in abdomen
1 tablet once a day (10 mg) with coconut milk.
Avoided during pregnancy or lactation periods.