Reference - Bhaishajya Ratnavali Grehnirogadhikara 297/418-519
Agnisunu ras is a classical formulation that is formed by the combination of herbs and minerals. This rasa is made up of many ingredients, which are known for their anti-inflammatory, analgesic, digestive stimulant, and anti-diabetic properties. Also known as Vahnisut.
- Kapardak Bhasma - 20 gms
- Shankha Bhasma - 20 gms
- Maricha Churna - 30 gms
- Shuddha Parada - 10 gms
- Shuddha Gandhak - 10 gms
Description of Main Ingredients
- Kapardak Bhasma - An Ayurvedic calcined preparation made from the purified seashell which is an amazing source of calcium, appetizer, digestive stimulant and having pitta dosha balancing properties.
- Shankha Bhasma (Purified ash of conch shell) - This ingredient is having multiple properties such as antacid, stool binding agent, anti-diarrheal, appetite and digestive stimulant and having anti inflammatory effects on liver spleen and intestines.
- Maricha Churna (Powder of Piper nigrum) - Pungent and bitter in taste, light to digest and having hot potency which makes it the best appetizer, treating intestinal worms, improves taste perception, and heart diseases.
- Bhavna Dravya - Nimbu swaras (the fresh extract of the fruit of Citrus limon), this is used to make the water decoction to facilitate the mixing up of these herbs nicely. Lemon has properties such as antacid, helpful in gastritis as it is anti-inflammatory and analgesic.
Method of Preparation
Mix all the bhasma in the kharal (specially designed tool made from rock or metal for the better mixing of ingredients manually), with adding appropriate amount of lemon juice in it for at least 3 prehar (approx. 9 hours), when the homogenous mixture of the ingredients is ready then make 4-4 ratti (500 mg) tablets from it and preserve in the glass tumbler after drying.
This rasaushadhi (a preparation of detoxified mercury), is very much effective in treating even chronic weakened digestive fire (mandagni). If this medicine is consumed with 10 grams of gaughrita (cow’s ghee) and 10 gram of shakkar (jaggery powder), then it has the ability to transform a physically weak (feeble) person into a person with a good bodybuilt. And when this rasa is used with 500 mg of pippali churna (powder of Piper longum) along with 5 gm of ghee, this formulation can treat the human suffering from grehni roga (IBD, IBS and other digestion-related disorders).This medicine is indicated by Acharyas in various conditions such as shosh, jwar, pandu, shosh, aruchi, shool, udarroga, arsh, grehmi and prameha with appropriate aunpaan. In grehni and aarsh related disorders, it has been recommended to give this formulation with takra (buttermilk) for best results.
- Chronic weakness
- Abdominal tumours
- Abdominal diseases
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Irritable bowel diseases
- Diabetes and kidney disorders
1 tablet (500 mg) once a day, with buttermilk.
Avoided in low blood pressure patients and patients with slow pulse rate.