Reference - Bhaisajya Ratnavali Agnimandyadirogadhikar 346/107-108
Ajeernakantaka ras is a classical formulation which is the best Ayurvedic remedy for indigestion related conditions. The ingredients of this tablet are very much beneficial in boosting up the digestive fire and having analgesic, antipyretic, anti-inflammatory and digestion stimulant properties.
- Shuddha Parada - 1 part
- Shuddha Gandhak - 1 part
- Shuddha Vatsnabha - 1 part
- Maricha - 3 parts
Description of Ingredients
- Shuddha Vatsnabha (Purified Aconitum ferox) is having properties of antipyretic and indigestion, anorexia and other spleen related disorders.
- Maricha Churna (Powdered form of Piper nigrum) is used for the treatment of cough, cold, hoarseness of voice and is the best digestive stimulant.
- Shuddha Parada (Detoxified form of mercury) is the prime constituent of various herbomineral formulations in Ayurveda, it has the micro fined nature that allows it and other ingredients that are mixed in it to easily cross the cell membrane and thus help in quick medicinal action. It is used to relieve the symptoms of belching, bloating, discomfort in stomach etc.
- Shuddha Gandhak (Purified form of sulphur) is very much useful in various skin disorders. It has the ability of blood purification. It is used for relieving excess gas and providing an immediate relief in various abdominal pain conditions.
Kantakari swaras (liquid extract obtained from the fruit of Solanum xanthocarpum).
Method of Preparation
Mix the parada and gandhak to make a kajjali from it, then mix vatsnabha and maricha churna in it and give it a well-mixed with the kantakari swaras. Then make 125 mg tablets from the mixture and let the tablets dry in a shady area, and then preserve in a glass tumbler.
The formulation is best known for its effects on indigestion. It is texeted in the ancient books that after consuming this tablet continuously for a few days, once can be free from all indigestion related ailments. Any symptoms related to indigestion can be treated with this medicine such as bloating, heartburn, hyperacidity, pain in abdomen, sour belching, nausea. This tablet is also beneficial in balancing tridosha and it is also being indicated for visuchika (cholera like condition).
- Ajeerna - Various indigestion related disorders.
- Visuchika - Cholera
- Agnimandya - Weak digestive power
- Abdominal pain
1 tablet twice daily with lukewarm water after meals.
Not to be used on children below 3 years age or pregnancy conditions.