Agnimanthadi Kashaya - Ingredients, Indications, Benefits and Uses
Agnimanthadi kasaya is an ayurvedic formulation which is mainly used in the diseases related with Vata and kapha dosha. It is highly beneficial in ailments of Respiratory system and Digestive system. It is also called as Hikkadihara Kasaya as it has high use in Respiratory system illnesses.
Ingredients and Quantity
- Agnimantha (Clemodendrum phlomidis) - 1 part
- Balamula (Sida cardifolia) - 1 part
- Eranda (Ricinus communis) - 1 part
- Kustha (Saussurea lappa) - 1 part
- Sunthi (Zingiber officinale) - 1 part
- Water - 16 times to all
Method of Preparation
Prepare the coarse powder of all the ingredients and add water to it. Then it should be reduced to one eighth by boiling. On completion of the process, it should be filtered through a clean cloth and used in lukewarm state.
Benefits of Agnimanthadi Kasaya
- Agnimanthadi kasaya is highly useful in upper respiratory tract infections like common cold, cough and it does its work owing to its Ushna Guna, Katu vipaka.
- This kasaya helps to get rid of cough and related symptoms of cough like pain, phlegm and even throat pain.
- This kasaya benefits to relieve hiccups by the property of drugs included which act upon the increased Vata dosha by bringing it down and balancing the kapha.
- It’s an effective anti-inflammatory and bronchodilator.
- This helps in the treatment of Asthma, Dyspnea, Shortness of breath and other respiratory disorders mainly by the Ushna guna, Katu vipaka and rooksha guna by expectorating the kapha and easing the respiratory tract.
- Agnimanthadi kasaya helps to relieve common cold
- By the help of its Ushna guna it helps to stimulate digestive enzymes.
- It helps to relieve constipation, abdominal colic and Distension of abdomen.
Reference:- Sahasrayogam // Svarasa Yoga Prakaranam (Chapter No. 3) // Agnimanthadi Kashaya
Dose: 40 ml. B.D. (Twice a day) lukewarm decoction.
Hikka (Hiccups), Svasa (Asthma), Agnimandya, Kasa, Vibandha, Shula and Adhmana.