Reference - Bhaishajya Ratnavali Arsh Roga Adhikara 213-221
Agnimukh Loha is an Ayurvedic herbal formulation which is considered as the best remedy for Arsh (Hemorrhoids), anti-anemic, anti-inflammatory, and good for skin disorders and acts as good appetizer.
- Triphala Powder: This is prepared by mixing equal parts of Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellrica). It pacifies all three doshas. This rasayan is effective in all disorders.
- Chitrak Mool (Root extract of Plumbago zeylanica) - 375 grams: Due to pungent and hot properties, it acts as an appetizer and digestant. It is useful in indigestion, anorexia, abdominal pain.
- Pippali (Piper longum) - 46 grams: It promotes digestive fire and has rejuvenating property. It pacifies Vata and Kapha. It is effective in indigestion, diarrhea, gastric problems and stomach pain.
Other Ingredients Are:
- Trivrut (Operculina turpethum) - 375 grams
- Sindubaarpatra (Leaves Extract of Vitex negundo) - 375 grams
- Snuhi (Euphorbia neriifolia) - 375 grams
- Mundi (Sphaeranthus indicus) - 375 grams
- Bhumi Amla (Phyllanthus niruri) - 375 grams
- Sudh Shilajeet (Purified Asphaltum) - 46 grams
- Teekshan Loh Bhasam (Fine ash of Purified Iron) - 550 grams
- Goughrita (Cow's Ghee) - 1100 grams
- Madhu (Honey) - 550 grams
- Shakkar (Sugar) - 550 grams
- Vaividang (Embilia ribes) - 140 grams
Method of Preparation
- Take a big copper utensil and add drugs from first six drugs in the list from trivrut upto bhumiamla and make their decoction accordingly.
- Then take another flask of steel & add gaughrit to it & add the loh bhasma to it. Then mix the sugar in decoction of trivrut etc. drugs and cook it in low flame. When it is ready add Vidang, trikatu & triphala churana & sudh shilajatu in it & then mix it homogenously.
- After cooling add honey to it & mix it & make tablets from it.
Agnimukh loh is as already mentioned best medicine for Arsh as it is beneficial in treating the mandagni (reduced digestive power) & as mandagni is considered as basic cause of it. The drugs of trikatu (i.e. sunthi, marich & pippli) are the basic reason for treating mandagni. Also by consuming this medicine regularly, it also proves too beneficial in digesting stones within body.
Apart from these it has good role in rheumatoid arthritis due to its anti-inflammatory, analgesic & improving digestion etc. properties. It is also written in texts that there is no disease in this Earth which is cured by this drug named "Agnimukh Loh".
- Anemic conditions
- Any-inflammatory condition
- Skin disorders
- Spleen disorders
- Liver disorders
- Premature greying of hair
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Other anorectal diseases
Two tablets twice daily with plain water after meals. Can be consumed up to 1-2 grams in a day.
- Take under medical supervision.