Reference - Bhaishajya Ratnavali Agnimandya rogadhikaar 10/ 132-139
Agnisandeepan rasa is a Classical Ayurvedic preparation that consists of a mixture of herbs and minerals. This is known to consist of many ingredients. The herbs present in this formulation are having great role in treating various digestion related disorders including low digestive power, indigestion, GERD, heartburn, pain in abdomen and various inflammations in abdominal region etc.
- Maricha Churna (Powder of Piper nigrum): It improves the function of digestive power. It has pungent taste and stimulates digestive fire. This also stimulates appetite.
- Pippali Churna: It promotes digestive fire and has rejuvenating property. It pacifies Vata and Kapha. It is effective in indigestion, diarrhea, gastric problems and stomach pain, liver and spleen problems.
- Haritaki Churna (Powder of Terminilia chebula): It promotes digestion and improves strength. It is effective in indigestion, liver and spleen problems etc.
- Shunti Churna (Powder of Zingiber officinalis) - 1 Part: This is very effective in digestive problems. It pacifies Vata and kapha dosha. It is helpful in bloating, diarrhea and abdominal pain.
Other Ingredients Are:
- Pippalimool Churna (Powder of roots of Piper longum) - 1 Part
- Chavya Churna (Powder of Piper retrofractum) - 1 Part
- Chitrak Churna (Powder of Plumbago zeylanica) - 1 Part
- Panchlavan (Five types of salts including Saindhav, vid, aoudhvidh, samudra and souvarchallavan) - 1 Part each
- Chitrakmool Churna (Powder of roots of Plumbago zeylanica) - 1 Part
- Yavakshaar Churna (Alkaline extract obtained from Barley) - 1 Part
- Sajjikshar Churna (Alkaline extract obtained from plant grown in sodium rich soil) - 1 Part
- Sudh tankan (Purified borax) - 1 part
- Shvet Jeera Churna (Powder of Cuminum cyminum) - 1 Part
- Syaahjeera Churna (Powder of Nigella sativa) - 1 part
- Ajvayan Churna (Powder of Trachyspermum ammi) - 1 Part
- Vacha Churna (Powder of Acorus calamus) - 1 Part
- Sounf Churna (Powder of Foeniculum vulgare) - 1 Part
- Ghrit Bharjithing (Purified form of Ferula asafoetida) - 1 Part
- Jaayphal Churna (Powder of Myristica fragrans) - 1 Part
- Kuth Churna (Powder of Saussurea costus) - 1 Part
- Jaatipatri Churna (Powdered extract of leaves of Myristica fragrans) - 1 Part
- Chotiilaychi Churna (Powder of Cardamom) - 1 Part
- Twak Churna (Powder of Cinnamon) - 1 Part
- Imlitwakkshar Churna (Alkaline extract obtained from bark of tamarind) - 1 Part
- Apamarg Kshar (Alkaline extracts obtained from Achyranthes aspera) - 1 Part
- Sudh Vatsnabh Churna (Powdered extract obtained from Aconitum ferox) - 1 Part
- Sudh Parad (Purified form of mercury) - 1 Part
- Sudh Gandhak Churna (Powdered extract of purified form of Sulphur) - 1 Part
- Loh Bhasam (Purified ash of Iron) - 1 Part
- Abhrak Bhasam (Purified ash of Asbestos) - 1 Part
- Vang Bhasam (Purified ash of Tin) - 1 Part
- Lavang Churna (Clove Powder) - 1 Part
- Amalvetas (Powder of Gracinia penduculata) - 2 Parts
- Sankh Bhasam (Conch shell’s purified ash) - 4 Parts
Method of Preparation
- First of all mix parad & gandhak in a homogenous way and make a kajjali.
- Add the three bhasma of abhrak, loh & vang and then again mix it.
- Then add all the powdered extracts of herbs mentioned above and mix it with the use of decoction of panchkol for 3 days.
- Again use decoction of chitrakmool, apamarg and give 3-3 good mix and finally give 21 times mixture with leaf extract of nimba (Azadirecta indica) until a thick paste is obtained, then make 1-1 grams tablets from it & dry them in shady area.
The various alkali extracts in it have the power to stimulate the digestive secretions thus enhancing the urge to take food and also aids in the digestion. Also the herbal medicine and also the bhavnadravya included consist of Panchkol dravyas which is a combination of five herbs (Pippali, Pippalimool, Chavya, Chitrak and Sonth) having ushan veerya which due to the effect of their hot potency help in reducing pain & swelling in abdominal region. Also these drugs are the best appetizer & helps in promoting the digestion by treating mandagni. And the suksham gun (quality to be absorbed quickly in the bodily tissues up to cellular level) of the bhasmas (purified ash) of iron, asbestos and tin will facilitate in promoting immunity & by maintaining the strength reduced in bodily tissues as a result of mandagni.
- Mandagni (Decreased digestive power)
- Ajeerna (Indigestion)
- Amalpit (Gastro Esophageal Reflex disorders)
- Shool (Abdominal pain)
- Gulm (Abdominal swelling e.g. tumors)
One tablet twice daily with Lukewarm water.
- Take under medical supervision.
- Don’t use medicine in overdose.