Ajmoda Kasaya - Ingredients, Indications, Benefits and Uses
Ajamoda is a widely used spice in India and it has got wide range of benefits in managing digestive health.
Ingredients and Quantity
- Ajamoda (Carum roxburghianum) - 1 part
- Water - 16 parts
Method of Preparation
Prepare the coarse powder of all the ingredients and add water to it. Then it should be reduced to one eighth by boiling. On completion of the process, it should be filtered through a clean cloth and used in lukewarm state.
Therapeutic Interests of Ajamoda Kasaya
- Ajamoda is highly beneficial in improving the digestive strength of a person owing to its ushna veerya and katu vipaka.
- It acts upon mainly Vata and kapha dosha and brings out balance in these two.
- It is used to correct (Adhmana) bloating caused due to gaseous abdominal distension.
- It helps to relieve indigestion (Ajeerna) by the virtue of its tikta rasa, ushna veerya, katu vipaka and laghu guna when taken lukewarm.
- It is beneficial in the condition of krimi that is worm infestation.
- Ajamoda kasaya taken for said duration helps person suffering with aruchi to better appreciate taste and likeness to food.
- It helps to relieve abdominal colic, pain due to spasms and also relieves pain in the urinary bladder.
- It is helpful to the people experiencing Nausea and vomiting.
Reference:- Sahasrayogam // Svarasa Yoga Prakaranam (Chapter No. 3) // Ajmoda Kasaya
Dose: 40 ml. B.D. (Twice a day) lukewarm decoction.
Chaturthika jvara, Adhmana, Anaha, Aruci, Udarashula, Jvara, Ajeerna, Basti shula, Nausea, fullness of abdomen.
No known side effects. It might cause burning sensation in some people.
Dr. Meenakshi Chauhan
MD (ALT. MEDICINE) View Profile