Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Kushtharogadhikar 878/184-192
Amritankur loha is a herbo-mineral Ayurvedic formulation. It is used in various skin disorders. The herbs in this formulation are known to be anti-fungal in properties
- Hinguloth Parada - 50 gms
- Abhrak Bhasma - 50 gms
- Loha Bhasma - 50 gms
- Amalaki - 75 gms
- Haritaki - 12 gms
- Bibhitaki - 12 gms
- Shuddha Gandhak - 50 gms
- Tamra Bhasma - 50 gms
- Shuddha Bhallataka - 50 gms
- Cow’s Ghee - 400 gm
- Triphala Decoction - 16 litres
- Shuddha Guggul - 50 gms
Description of Main Ingredients
- Hinguloth Parada - This is the mixture of hingula (Cinnabar) and Parada (Mercury). It has a bitter and astringent taste. It pacifies all three dosha (Vata, pitta and kapha). It is effective in skin disorders, fever and jaundice. It is also useful in Splenomegaly and Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Abhrak Bhasma - Abhrak bhasma is calcined mica ash. It is used in Ayurveda for abdominal, liver, respiratory disorders. It has anti-inflammatory, antacid and digestive properties.
- Loha Bhasma (Iron ash) - It is effective in skin disorders, tuberculosis. It pacifies all three doshas. Loha bhasma is best for anemic conditions.
- Triphala Powder - It contains three best drugs which are useful in various disorders like Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica). It pacifies all three doshas. This combination of three drugs act as Rasayan (Rejuvenating herb).
- Shuddha Gandhak - This is a non-metallic solid element found in nature. In Ayurveda it is used as medicinal purpose. Sulphur first detoxified to get shuddha Gandhak. It acts as alterative. It improves digestion by stimulating digestive fire and helpful in skin disorders.
Method of Preparation
- Firstly make a kajjali from Parada and Gandhak in a kharal yantra.
- After that properly mix above bhasma (Ashes) and churna (Powder) in this kajjali.
- Warm the cow’s ghee in iron utensil.
- Add triphala decoction and kajjali mixed drugs in this cow’s ghee.
- Boil this mixture in 3 litres of water.
- Frequently move this mixture.
- After properly cooked, kept this mixture in airtight glass container.
This Amritankura loha is an Ayurvedic formulation which is very effective in various disorders. It acts as a Rasayan. Before using this formulation firstly do Vamana karma to detoxify the body from toxins. The ingredients in this formulation are useful in pacifying all three doshas and effective in 18 types of kushta roga (skin disorders). The herbs in this formulation is helpful in digesting Aama (Endotoxins) and nourishes the Bodily tissues.
- Skin disorders
- Respiratory disorders
- Increase sperm potency
- Stimulates digestive fire
1 tablet twice a day with honey or ghee or coconut water.
Avoid eating acidic and spinach during the course of this medicine and also avoid sexual intercourse.