Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Jwaradhikar 161/815-816
Arkmurti rasa is a herbo-mineral Ayurvedic formulation and is effective in jwara (Fever). It improves digestion by increasing digestive power.
- Shuddha Parade - 2 parts
- Shuddha Gandhak - 4 parts
- Shuddha Vatsnabha - 16 parts
- Loha Bhasma - 8 parts
- Tamra Bhasma - 1 part
Description of Ingredients
- Shuddha Parada (Purified Mercury) - This acts as Rasayan after detoxifying this mineral. This is used in various diseases such as indigestion, fever, diarrhea, skin diseases etc. It balances all three dosha.
- Shuddha Gandhak (Purified Sulphur) - Sulphur is used as medicine after purification of this substance. This is a non-metallic solid element found in nature. In Ayurveda it is used in various types of fever, indigestion, psoriasis etc. Pure form of sulphur also used as Rasayan (Rejuvenate).
- Shuddha Vatsanabha - This is known as Aconitum ferox. This is used as medicine after detoxifying this drug. It has antipyretic and diaphoretic properties and also has an analgesic effect.
- Loha Bhasma - It is effective in skin disorders, anemia, tuberculosis. It pacifies all three dosha.
- Tamra Bhasma (Copper ash) - This has Astringent taste. This pacifies Vata and kapha dosha. This is used as medicine after detoxifying this mineral. This is effective in fever.
Method of Preparation
- Make a kajjali from shuddha Parada and shuddha Gandhak in a kharal yantra.
- Then mix the fine powders of tamra and loha bhasma.
- Give bhavna with the decoction of chitrakmool (roots of Plumbago zeylanica) under the sunlight for 7 days.
- After that mix 16 parts of shuddha Vatsanabha powder in this kajjali and give bhavna with panch pitta (Biles of rohu fish, buffalo, pig, goat and peacock).
- Make 125 mg tablets and let them dry.
- Kept in airtight glass container.
Arkmurti rasa is an effective medicine for sannipataj jwara (fever associated with three doshas i.e. Vata, Pitta and Kapha). The ingredients in this formulation are effective in digestion by improving digestive power. Parada and Gandhak acts as Rasayan and detoxifies the body from various toxins. All the ingredients are helpful in digesting Aama (Endotoxins).
- Sannipataj jwara (fever associated with three doshas i.e. Vata, Pitta and Kapha)
1 tablet twice a day with the extracts of Adraka (Zingiber officinale) or madhu (Honey).
- Take under the medical supervision.
- Don’t overdose this medicine.