Asana Vilwadi Thailam (Oil)
Reference: Sahasrayogam, Taila Yoga Prakarana 45
Asana Vilwadi Thailam (Oil) is also known as Asana Vilwadi Tailam. It an Ayurvedic oil used in the treatment of diseases related eyes, ear and headache.
- Asana – Pterocarpus marsupium
- Vilwa – Aegle marmelos
- Bala – Sida cordifolia
- Amruta – Tinospora cordifolia
- Madhuka – Licorice – Glycyrhiza glabra
- Nagara – Ginger – Zingiber officinalis
- Triphala – Terminalia chebula, Terminalia bellirica, Emblica officinalis
- Cow Milk
- Taila – Sesame oil or coconut oil
How to use?
- This oil is meant to be used for external application only.
- It is used to apply overhead and in Ayurvedic procedures such as Dhara, karna poorana (instillation into ear), Tarpana (for eyes) etc.
- Hearing difficulties
- Eye pain and minor eye infection
There are no side effects with this oil on external application.