Reference: Bhaishajya Ratnavali, Shoolaroga Chikitsa 30/ 149-154
Dhatri Lauh is a classical preparation that maintain the balances of Vata, Pitta and Kapha Doshas. This Ayurvedic medicine, is available in tablet form. It is useful treating indigestion, gastritis, constipation etc.
- Dhatri (Amla) (Emblica officinalis) – 384 grams
- Loha Bhasma (Iron Bhasma) – 192 grams
- Yashtimadhu (Licorice) (Glycyrrhiza glabra) – 96 grams
- Giloya (Tinospora cordifolia) decoction
Method of Preparation
Take Dhatri, Loha Bhasma and Yashtimadhu in the form of fine powder and then grind it with Giloya decoction for seven days. Then dry this mixture and the paste formed is kept in new earthen pot (to dry out all the moisture). Finally it is converted into tablet form.
- Consume 250-500 mg (1-2) tablets 1-2 times a day before or after having meals or as suggested by Ayurvedic doctor.
- In case of suffering with gastritis, this medicine is advised before food.
- An effective treatment for various kind of gastric and intestinal problems.
- Good herbal remedy that relievev constipation, abdominal colic, it is administered in between food.
- To relieve food poisoning effects, it should be taken after food.
- It is also very good for eyes.
- It is a good natural anti-aging medicine, used for rejuvenation.
Contraindications/ Side Effects
- Till date no known side effects with its appropriate dose has been notified.
- Better to avoid in children and pregnant women.