Maha Manjishtadi Kashayam - Benefits, Usage, Indications and Dosage
Reference: Sharangdhar Madhyamakhand 2/137-142, Bhaishajya Ratnavali.
Maha Manjishtadi Kashayam is a very famous Ayurvedic medicine in liquid form. It is also known as Maha Manjistadi kashaya, kwatha etc. This Ayurvedic medicine is also available in tablet form. This medicine is mainly used in treatment of various skin diseases. It also helps in natural purification of blood so can be used in skin related problems. Maha Manjishtadi Kashayam detoxifies and dissolves the obstructions in blood flow. It also helps to reduce weight in obese persons.
- Manjishta – Rubia cordifolia
- Musta – Cyperus rotundus
- Kutaja – Holarrhena antidysenterica
- Guduchi – Tinospora cordifolia
- Kushta – Saussurea lappa
- Nagara – Ginger - Zingiber officinale
- Bharngi – Clerodendron serratum
- Kshudra – Solanum xanthocarpum
- Vacha – Acorus calamus
- Nimba – Azadirachta indica
- Haridra – Turmeric- Curcuma longa
- Daruharidra – Berberis aristata
- Triphala – Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Vibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica) and Amla (Emblica officinalis)
- Patola – Luffa acutangula / Trichosanthes dioica
- Katuka – Picrorrhiza kurroa
- Murva – Marsdenia tenacissima
- Vidanga – Embelia ribes
- Asana – Pterocarpus marsupium
- Chitraka – Plumbago zeylanica
- Shatavari – Asparagus racemosus
- Trayamana – Gentiana kurroo
- Krishna – Long pepper - Piper longum
- Vasa – Adhatoda vasica
- Bhringaraja – Eclipta alba
- Mahadaru – Cedrus deodara
- Patha – Cyclea peltata / Cissampelos pariera
- Khadira – Acacia catechu
- Chandana – Santalum album
- Trivrit – Operculina turpethum
- Varuna – Crataeva nurvala
- Kiratatikta – Swertia chirata
- Bakuchi – Psoralea corylifolia
- Kritamala – Cassia fistula
- Shakhotaka – Streblus asper
- Mahanimba – Melia azadirach
- Karanja – Pongamia pinnata
- Ativisha – Aconitum heterophyllum
- Jala – Pavonia odorata
- Indravaruni – Citrullus cholocynthis
- Ananta – Hemidesmus indicus
- Sariva – Hemidesmus indicus
- Parpata – Fumaria indica
How to Make?
Make a decoction of above ingredients using water then filtered.
It is added with 8 parts of water, boiled and reduced to quarter part, filtered.
The dose is 12 – 24 ml, before food, at about 6 – 7am and 6 – 7 pm or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
It is usually advised to add equal amount of water to the kashayam.
It is advised to mix a pinch of long pepper powder and Guggulu to this kashayam while drinking.
- Skin disease such as leprosy, boils, itches, eczema and dermatitis
- Joint problems like gout, arthritis
- Facial paralysis
- Acne vulgaris
- Eye disease
- Blood purifier
There are no known side effects with this medicine.
Note - It is best to use this product under medical supervision.