Reference: Bhaishajya Ratnavali, Hridroga Chikitsa
Chintamani Ras is a classical preparation that maintains the balances of Vata, Pitta and Kapha Doshas. This Ayurvedic medicine is formed with herbal and mineral ingredients and is available in tablet form. It is efficient in treating heart diseases, respiratory disease, diabetes etc.
- Parada (Purified and processed Mercury) – 10 grams
- Gandhaka (Purified and processed Sulphur) – 10 grams
- Abhraka Bhasma (Purified and processed Silica) – 10 grams
- Loha Bhasma (Iron Bhasma) – 10 grams
- Vanga Bhasma (Tin Bhasma) – 10 grams
- Shilajatu (Purified Asphaltum) – 10 grams
- Swarna Bhasma (Gold Bhasma) – 20 grams
- Rajata Bhasma (Silver Bhasma) – 40 grams
- Chitraka (Leadwort) (Plumbago zeylancia) Decoction
- Bhringaraja (Eclipta alba) Decoction
- Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna) Decoction
Method of Preparation
Use decoction of Chitraka, Bhringaraja and Arjuna to triturate the powder mix of Abhraka, Loha, Vanga, Swarna and Rajata Bhasma. Then convert this to tablet form.
Consume 125 mg-250 mg (1-2) tablets 1-2 times a day before or after having meals or as suggested by Ayurvedic doctor. It could be administered along with a water decoction of wheat.
- Chintamani Ras is an effective treatment of heart diseases.
- Beneficial in diabetes.
- Provides good results in case of lung diseases cough, cold and other respiratory diseases.
- Good herbal remedy to improve strength and immunity.
Contraindications/ Side Effects
- This medicine must be consumed under strict medical directions only.
- To practice Self-medication with this medicine might be unsafe.
- Better to avoid in children and pregnant women.