What Is Hepatitis In Dogs & Its Ayurvedic Treatment
Dogs have a miraculous as well as positive effect on their owners. They have an emotional impact on the entire social world, as well as cognitive development (interpretation processes), making them an excellent companion. They also aid in the reduction of anxiety and stress in humans. Most of us are closely associated with dogs and their acting abilities. Why can't we treat them as family members if they take such good care of us? If they have any health problems, it is our responsibility to take care of them because they cannot end up leaving us alone in any situation, happy or sad. So we hope your dogs are doing well, and if they are suffering from Hepatitis due to any reason, you should read this article and manage their health with Ayurvedic treatment.
Hepatitis is the medical term for liver inflammation. The liver in your dog does a variety of important functions, including nutrient processing, blood filtering, and infection fighting. The function of your dog's liver may be compromised if it is inflamed or damaged. There are two types of Hepatitis in dogs: infectious canine hepatitis and chronic canine hepatitis. Chronic hepatitis is defined as an infection that has been causing damage for some time (at least a few weeks), whereas acute hepatitis can manifest in only a few days and is known as Infectious Canine Hepatitis.
Some Facts About Hepatitis In Dogs
Following are some of the facts about Hepatitis in Dogs:
- Acute Hepatitis is easier to manage than Chronic one.
- Even after recovering dogs may experience Kidney Damage and corneal clouding like immune-complex reactions.
- There is a very less chance of developing Hepatitis in the vaccinated dogs.
- Young dogs are more prone to contracting with this condition.
Types Of Hepatitis In Dogs
As we discussed in the introduction there are two types of Hepatitis in Dogs, Let's discuss in brief about both the types:
- Infectious Canine Hepatitis: Canine adenovirus 1 causes infectious canine hepatitis, an acute communicable disease in dogs. The virus attacks the lungs, liver, spleen, kidneys, blood vessel lining and sometimes other organs in infected pets. Infectious canine hepatitis symptoms can range from a mild fever to death.
- Chronic Canine Hepatitis: Chronic canine hepatitis is linked to infectious canine hepatitis. It indicates inflammation and fibrosis (Celle death) of the Liver has occurred at some point. Canine chronic hepatitis is also known as autoimmune hepatitis in dogs. Breeds of dogs that are mostly affected with hepatitis are Skye Terriers, Springer Spaniels, Chihuahuas, Beagles, Cocker Spaniels, West Highland White Terriers, Maltese, Doberman Pinschers, Labrador Retrievers, Bedlington Terriers and Standard Poodles.
Causes Of Hepatitis In Dogs
Dogs become infectious with canine hepatitis by ingesting infected dogs' faeces, nasal discharge, saliva or urine. Many dog owners are unaware that even when their dog has healed from the condition, they will release the pathogen in their urine for a minimum of six months, potentially infecting other dogs. In some case scenarios, dogs could show symptoms of chronic hepatitis as a consequence of copper accumulation in the liver cells.
Symptoms Of Hepatitis In Dogs
A variety of symptoms can be caused by infectious canine hepatitis. You could recognise any of the symptoms listed if your dog has infectious hepatitis:
- Watery discharge from eyes and nose
- Slight fever
- Deficiency of blood clotting
- Loss of appetite
- Yellow, jaundiced look to ears, gums and skin
- Enlarged tonsils
- Eye inflammation
- Abdominal pain
- Severe depression
- Spontaneous bleeding
- Bruised or reddened nose and mouth
Following are the symptoms in severe cases:
- Red dots on skin
- Swelling of Head, Neck, head and lymph nodes
- Bruised or reddened nose and mouth
Although the condition has become rare in areas where regular vaccination programs are used, owners must remain vigilant because the disorder can develop rapidly in both pups and dogs.
Diagnosis Of Hepatitis In Dogs
The sudden onset of the disorder and bleeding usually point to infectious canine hepatitis, but laboratory tests (such as immunofluorescence scanning, antibody tests and blood tests) are required to confirm a diagnosis. If your dog is critically ill, he or she may require blood transfusions. Regular blood care panels can expose chronic hepatitis in some cases, allowing for diagnosis before symptoms appear. When your dog first exhibits symptoms of liver problems, it is usually at an advanced stage. A liver biopsy can provide a definitive diagnosis by identifying the extent and type of liver problems from which your dog is suffering from.
How To Prevent Hepatitis In Dogs
The most broadly used and significant precaution for infectious canine hepatitis is a mandatory vaccine. This vaccine is typically administered alongside canine distemper vaccinations. The hepatitis vaccine is administered to puppies between the ages of 7 and 9 weeks, with the first booster administered between the ages of 11 and 13 weeks, after the puppy has been protected. To remain safe against such a serious condition, one's dog will need to receive regular booster shots for the rest of his or her life.
Ayurvedic Overview Of Hepatitis In Dogs
The Ayurvedic approach to dog care is becoming more popular. Since ancient times, Ayurveda has had the concept of pashu chikitsa. Ayurveda is a medical system that benefits all of nature, whether it is a human being or an animal. Every disease is viewed as a dosha imbalance, and treatment is aimed at balancing these doshas, which are vata, pitta, and kapha. As a priority, Ayurveda mentions pashu chikitsa for treating animals. Pashu chikitsa's origins: As time passes, animals become more special to humans and become a part of their family. As a result, special attention must be paid to their health in order for pashu chikitsa in ayurveda or to develop veterinary science in ayurveda. According to Ayurveda, Hepatitis in dogs can be correlated to Yakrit Vikara as a result of Agantuj Karana, which is Hepatitis B virus.
Ayurvedic treatment primarily strengthens the immune system in order to eliminate the Hepatitis B virus. Especially effective is the "Rasayan" Ayurvedic treatment, which rejuvenates every cell in our body, particularly the liver tissue. Ayurvedic medicine and nectar both help to slow or stop the virus's damage to the liver. Ayurvedic treatment can help reduce the number and destructive power of viruses in the blood, as well as rejuvenate liver tissue and reduce complications.
Various herbs for rejuvenating Liver and eliminating Virus from the Liver are:
- Katuki (Picrorhiza kurroa): Kutki (Picrorhiza kurroa) has incredible detoxifying and liver regenerating properties. Kutki has pitta shamak properties, which regulate digestive enzyme secretion. It can be used to manage a variety of liver-related conditions such as anaha (constipation), ajirna (indigestion), aruchi (loss of appetite), Hepatitis B, fatty liver, liver failure, etc.
- Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata): Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata) inhibits the formation of free radicals and protects the liver from damage. It also helps to boost immunity, which protects you from viral diseases such as all types of hepatitis. It has the greatest impact in the detoxification of the body, assisting in the removal of ama from the body, enhancing the digestive fire, and providing you with excellent digestive health.
- Bhumi amla (Phyllanthus Niruri): Because of its hepatoprotective, antioxidant, and antiviral properties, this herb aids in the treatment of liver disorders. According to Ayurveda, Bhumi Amla has great pitta pacifying properties and aids in the relief of digestion-related conditions like ajirna (indigestion), aruchi (anorexia), vibanda (constipation), and so on, which are all symptoms of liver damage.
- Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa): Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa) is a powerful ayurvedic diuretic. This herbal formulation can help with any type of edema in the body, including swelling around the eyes, pedal edema, and even ascites. Ascites caused by Hepatitis B-related liver disease may also be treated with this herb.
Herbal Remedies By Planet Ayurveda For Hepatitis In Dogs
Planet Ayurveda is one of the Ayurvedic companies which formulates their own herbal and herbo-mineral products. This company serves mankind as well as animals with the grace of Ayurveda. Ayurvedic science is based on balance of Vata, Pitta and Kapha so the management will be the same as that in humans and animals which is balancing the vitiated doshas. As discussed earlier Hepatitis B in dogs is correlated to Yakrit Vikara caused due to Agantuj factor that is virus Hepatitis B. All the remedies are free from any kind of additives and preservatives so they are totally safe for your dogs also. If your dogs have hepatitis so you can give them the following remedies by Planet Ayurveda.
- YAKRITPLIHANTAK CHURNA
- LIVER DETOX
- PHYLLANTHUS NIRURI
- LIVO PLAN SYRUP
1. Yakrit Plihantak Churna
Yakrit Plihantak Churna is one of the herbal powders of Planet Ayurveda that is a miraculous remedy for Liver. This herbal powder consists of herbs such as Kalmegh (Andrographis panicu lata), Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa), Makoy (Solanum nigrum) and some other herbs. All the herbs present in this herbal powder protects the Liver by detoxifying it. These herbs have Liver rejuvenating properties which helps in preventing the Liver cells from being damaged. This preparation is also helpful in boosting the immunity levels which helps in eliminating virus from the Dog's Liver.
Dosage: ½ tsp twice daily with meals.
2. Liver Detox Formula
Liver Detox Formula are the polyherbal capsules formulated by Planet Ayurveda. These capsules consist of standardised extract of herbs such as Makoy (Solanum nigrum), Kasni (Cichorium intybus), Makoy (Solanum nigrum), etc. As the name suggests, the main role of these herbal capsules is detoxification of the Liver. It includes herbs that help in promoting digestive enzymes which helps in preventing vomiting in dogs.
Dosage: 2 capsule twice daily with meals.
3. Phyllanthus Niruri
Phyllanthus Niruri is a single herbal capsule formulation of Planet Ayurveda. These capsules consist of the standardized extract of herb Bhumiamla (Phyllanthus niruri). As we discussed earlier this herb has pitta pacifying properties so these capsules will help in improving digestion of the dog. It has anti inflammatory effects which helps in reducing eye inflammation, tonsillitis, swelling of lymph nodes, etc in dogs.
Dosage: 1 capsule twice daily with meals.
4. Livo Plan Syrup
Livo Plan Syrup is one of the herbal syrups of Planet Ayurveda. This syrup consists of herbs such as Bhringraj (Eclipta alba), Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata), Aloe vera (Aloe barbadensis), etc. This remedy helps in promoting overall health of the Liver. This syrup possesses hepatoprotective, pitta pacifying, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and various other properties. Due to all these properties this syrup of Planet Ayurveda helps in preventing further damage of Liver in dogs due to Hepatitis.
Dosage: 10 ml twice daily with meals.
Hepatitis is the medical term for liver inflammation. The liver in your dog does a variety of important functions, including nutrient processing, blood filtering, and infection fighting. Dogs become infectious with canine hepatitis by ingesting infected dogs' faeces, nasal discharge, saliva or urine. Symptoms include eye swelling, watering of eyes, anorexia, vomiting, etc. Severe cases lead to symptoms such as Bruised or reddened nose and mouth, Seizures and later on death. As per Ayurveda Hepatitis in dogs can be correlated to Yakrit Vikara as a result of Agantuj Karana, which is Hepatitis B virus. Ayurvedic treatment can help reduce the number and destructive power of viruses in the blood, as well as rejuvenate liver tissue and reduce complications. You can also give your dogs herbal remedies by Planet Ayurveda which helps in managing hepatitis in dogs by preventing further damage of the Liver cells.