Balahatadi Thailam (Oil)
Reference: Sahasrayogam, Tailayoga Prakarana 43
Balahatadi Thailam is an herbal oil, used in Ayurvedic treatment of headache. This medicine is formulated based on Kerala Ayurveda principle.
Paste made from fine powders of:-
- Chandana – Santalum album
- Amaya (Kushta) – Saussurea lappa
- Yashti – Licorice – Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Taila – Oil of Sesamum indicum
- Bala – Sida cordifolia
- Hata – Emblica officinalis
- Amruta – Tinospora cordifolia
- Mudga – Green gram – Vigna radiate
- Masha – Black gram – Phaseolus radiates
Decoction prepared from:-
Method of Preparation
Fine paste is made from the fine powder of 1-4 ingredients. Decoction is prepared from 5-9 ingredients. Mix all the ingredients to oil to make Balahatadi Thailam.
- Headaches such as migraine
How to Use?
Apply it over the forehead and scalp once or twice a day or as advised by Ayurvedic doctor.
It is also used in Ayurvedic procedures like Shirodhara, Shiropichu, Shirovasti etc.
- There are no known side effects with this product.
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children.