Besan Cheela Recipe
Besan cheela is also in the list of healthy foods. Besan is a staple item of our kitchens because several delicious recipes can be prepared by besan. Besan cheela is prepared by gram flour/ besan which offers the several health benefits. It is good recipe for vegetarians because this recipe contains the high content of proteins so it fulfills the protein needs of our body.
Besan is the rich source of iron, potassium, manganese, copper, phosphorus, zinc, magnesium, thiaminie, folate and vitamin B6. Besan is low in calories and fats thus helps in weight loss. Consumption of besan is a good alternative for those who want to lose weight in a natural way. Besan helps to control the craving for foods as it is good source of protein and fibers.
Besan is good for the various health issues like
- Helps to lower cholesterol as it contains unsaturated fats.
- Supports the good health of heart as it contains the soluble fibers.
- For diabetic patients it is good food because it has the low glycemic index.
- Besan does not contain gluten so it is best alternative for people who are sensitive to gluten or have celiac disease.
- It is rich source of iron so consumption of besan helps to get rid of iron deficiencies like anaemia.
- Besan/gram flour is good for pregnant mothers as it is the rich source of folate.
- Besan /Gram flour - 2 cups
- Chopped Fenugreek leaves - ½ bowl
- Olive oil - 2 tablespoons
- Onion - 2 pieces
- Tomato - 1 piece
- Salt according to taste
- Green chillies - 1-2
- Carom seeds (ajwain) - 1 teaspoon
- A pinch of asfoetida
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Chop onion, tomato and green chilli.
- Take bowl and add gram flour/ besan, onion, tomato, green chili carom seeds, chopped coriander leaves, fenugeek leaves, asafetida, salt. Make thin batter with sufficient water. Mix all the ingredients very well so that lumps don't form.
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Then add the little batter to it. Spread it in round shape.
- Shallow fry both sides of cheela until both sides turn brown. Add little olive so that cheela don't get stick to pan or burn.
- Delicious besan chilla is ready.
- Serve hot.