Brihat Dashamoola Taila (Oil)
Reference: Bhaishajya Ratnavali
Brihat Dashamoola Taila (Oil) is an herbal oil which is commonly used to cure headache, eye or ear ailments. This formulation helps in balancing Vata and Kapha.
- Bilva (Aegle marmelos)
- Agnimantha (Premna mucronata)
- Shyonaka (Oroxylum indicum)
- Patala (Stereospermum suaveolens)
- Gambhari (Gmelina arborea)
- Brihati (Solanum indicum)
- Kantakari (Solanum xanthocarpum)
- Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris)
- Shalaparni (Desmodium gangeticum)
- Prishnaparni (Uraria picta)
- Ginger (Zingiber officinalis)
- Nirgundi (Vitex negundo)
- Pippali moola (Piper longum)
- Chavya (Piper chaba)
- Leadwort (Plumbago zeylanica)
- Trikatu (Pepper, long pepper and ginger)
- Jiraka (Cuminum cyminum)
- Krishna Jiraka (Nigella sativa)
- Rock salt
- Yavakshara (Hordeum vulgare)
- Nishotha (Operculina turpethum)
- Turmeric (Curcuma longa)
- Daruharidra (Berberis aristata)
- Sesame oil (Sesamum indicum)
Method of Prepration
All ingredients are added to sesame oil and oil is prepared by oil paak method.
Method of Application
It is applied over the scalp and forehead or any other affected areas.
3-5 ml for external application.
- Ear ailments
- Nose disorders
- Throat disorders
There are no reported side effects of this formulation.