Reference: Bhaishajya Ratnavali Grahani Rogadhikara - 190 - 191
Changeri Ghrita is an Ayurvedic medicine, in herbal ghee form. This medicine has ghee as its base. It balances the kapha and vata doshas. This medicine is used in the treatment of bloating diarrhea, dysuria, piles etc.
9.6 g of each of:-
- Nagara - ginger - Zingiber officinale
- Pippalimoola - Long pepper root
- Chitraka - Plumbago zeylanica
- Gajapippali - Scindapsus officinalis
- Gokshura - Tribulus terrestris
- Pippali - Long pepper fruit
- Dhanya - Coriander - Coriandrum sativum
- Bilva - Aegle marmelos
- Patha - Cyclea peltat/Cissampelos pariera
- Yavani - Trachyspermum ammi
- Changeri swarasa - juice extract of Oxalis corniculata - 3.072 l
- Sarpi - ghee - 768 g
- Dadhi - curds - 3.072 kg
Method of Preparation
The above combination is heated till herbal ghee is prepared.
- Malabsorption syndrome
As medicine - quarter to half teaspoon with water, usually before food, once or twice a day, or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- There are no known side effects with this medicine. However it is best to use this product under medical supervision.
- Self-medication with this medicine is discouraged.
- Very high dosage may result in diarrhea and indigestion.
- For people having diabetes, high cholesterol, heart diseases and high BP this medicine should be taken only under special care.