Reference: Ashtanga Hridayam chikitsa sthana 13/2-4, Charaka Samhita Chikitsa sthana, 16/44-46.
Dadimadi Ghrita is an Ayurvedic medicine, in herbal ghee form. This medicine has ghee as its base. Dadimadi states the pomegranate which is the major ingredient of this medicine. It balances vata and kapha dosha in body. This Ayurvedic medicine is used to treat the various diseases like heart diseases, anemia, piles etc. Moreover this medicine is used to treat the infertility in women, improves the chances and also ease of normal delivery.
- Dadima - Pomegranate - Punica granatum - 192 g
- Dhanya - Coriander - 96 g
- Chitraka - Plumbago zeylanica - 48 g
- Shringavera - ginger - 48 g
- Pippali - Long pepper - 24 g
- Ghrita - ghee - 960 g
- Water - 3.072 liters
Method of preparation
The above combination is heated till herbal ghee is prepared.
- Quarter to half teaspoon with water, usually before food, once or twice a day, or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- It is usually administered with warm water.
- Heart diseases
- Spleen diseases
- Abdominal tumor
- There are no known side effects with this medicine.
- This medicine should be taken only under medical supervision.
- In very high dose, it may cause diarrhea and indigestion.
- Self-medication with this medicine is discouraged.
- People with diabetes, high cholesterol, heart diseases and high BP should exercise precaution.