Reference: Bhaishajya Ratnavali
Chaturmukha Rasa is an Ayurvedic formulation in the form of tablets. This medicine consists of heavy metals in a purified form so it should be taken under medical supervision. Chaturmukha Rasa is used to treat anemia, diabetes etc. This formulation balances Vata and Pitta.
- Purified mercury
- Purified sulphur
- Iron Bhasma
- Mica Bhasma
- Castor leaves (Ricinus communis)
- Aloe Vera juice
Method of Preparation
Finely crush all the ingredients with aloe vera juice and make the consistency of a paste and form pills of 125 mg each. Wrap those pills in castor leaves and leave them to dry for three days. Three days later store them in an air tight container.
1 tablet twice a day after meals with honey or Triphala powder.
- Enhances digestion
- Abdominal colic
- Psychotic disorders
- Heart burn
- Self-medication can prove to be fatal.
- Over dosage might get poisonous.
- It should be avoided during pregnancy, lactation and in children.
- It should be consumed under strict medical prescription.