Reference: Bhaishajya Ratnavali, Vatavyadhi Chikitsa 26/198-202.
Yogendra Rasa is classical formulation that maintains the balances of Vata and Pitta in the body. This Ayurvedic medicine is in tablet form having herbal and mineral ingredients. It is useful in treating neuro-muscular conditions and diabetes. It is also called as Yogendra Rasa.
- Parada (Purified and processed Mercury) - 10 grams
- Gandhaka (Purified and processed sulphur) - 10 grams - Together called as Rasasindhur.
- Loha Bhasma (Iron Bhasma) - 5 grams
- Swarna Bhasma (Gold Bhasma) - 5 grams
- Abhraka Bhasma (Purified and processed Silica) - 5 grams
- Shuddha Mukta (Purified and processed Pearl) - 5 grams
- Vanga bhasma (Bhasma of tin) - 5 grams
Method of Preparation
Prepare fine powder of ingredients given above and then grind them well with Aloe vera juice and finally tablets are prepared.
Consume 125 mg-250 mg (1-2) tablets milk or water with little sugar. 1-2 times a day before or after having meals or as recommended by Ayurvedic doctor.
- It acts as a catalyst when administered along with other medicines.
- This Ayurvedic medicine is useful to treat diabetes, diseases related to urinary tract, frequent urination.
- It is even helpful remedy to cure fistula, piles, epilepsy, psychotic conditions, and paralysis.
- It also provides relief from conditions like abdominal colic, gastritis, eye diseases.
- It provides strength to nerves and muscles.
- It is also a natural aphrodisiac.
- This Ayurvedic medicine must be consumed under strict directions only.
- Its self-medication might be unsafe.
- It is better to avoid in children and pregnant women.
- It's over dose might results in side effects like tremors, dizziness etc.