Lakshadi Taila (Oil)
Reference - Rasatantra Sar (first part); edition 13; 836 – 838.
Lakshadi Taila (Oil) is an ayurvedic formulation that is prepared from the mixture of herbs. This formulation is known to treat problems related with body aches and other ailments.
- Pippali ki laakh
- Renuka beej
- Safed chandan
- Til oil
- Curd water (buttermilk)
Method of Preparation
- Take all the ingredients in its appropriate quantity. Pippali bark up to 3840 gms, ingredients no. 2 to 18 up to 12 grams, til oil up to 960 grams and buttermilk up to 3840 grams.
- First of all take pippali bark, mixed in to 15360 grams water and prepare its kwath.
- When one fourth water is left then remove from the flame and strain it.
- Now add other ingredients in it and grind the mixture.
- Now mildly cook in brassware pane till it reflects the oil content.
- Now remove and strain instantly.
This is used externally.
Take the medicine under doctor's prescription.