CHIRUVILWADI KASHAYAM - INGREDIENTS, INDICATIONS, USES AND BENEFITS
Chiruvilawadi kashayam is a decoction made of multiple herbs which are mainly anti-inflammatory in action. This liquid medicine effectively treats digestive system related problems as well as metabolic disorders.
- CHIRBILVA (Holoptelea integrifolia) – 1 part
- PUNARNAVA (Boerhavia diffusa) – 1 part
- CHITRAKMOOLA TWAK (Plumbago zeylanica) – 1 part
- HARITAKI (Terminalia chebula) – 1 part
- PIPPALI (Piper longum) – 1 part
- SHUNTHI (Zingiber officinale) – 1 part
- SAINDHAVA LAVAN (Rock Salt) – 1 part
- WATER – 16 times
REFERENCE – SAHASRAYOGAM // KASHAYA YOGA PRAKARANAM
BENEFITS OF INGREDIENTS
- CHIRBILVA (Holoptelea integrifolia) – This herb has a bitter and astringent taste. It stimulates digestive fire and is a mild laxative as well. The bark of this herb is used in the treatment of bleeding piles. It is also useful in quick wound healing. It balances Vata and Pitta dosha in the body.
- PUNARNAVA (Boerhavia diffusa) – Punarnava is anti-inflammatory and diuretic in nature. It is useful in treating urinary tract diseases. This herb acts as a rejuvenating agent and balances tridosha in the body. It relieves bloating and cures constipation. It improves blood cell formation in body hence useful in the treatment of anemia.
- CHITRAKMOOLA TWAK (Plumbago zeylanica) - Chitrak moola is a potent digestive herb and also carminative in action. It comes under herb which helps to improve digestion and appetite. This herb also used in treating abdominal colic. Due to its hot potency it balances vata and kapha dosha in the body. Piles can also be treated with the use of this herb.
- HARITAKI (Terminalia chebula) - HARITAKI is a medicinal herb which is astringent in taste. It aids digestion and cures constipation. It acts as an immunity booster and increases longevity. It helps to treat cough as it has expectorant properties. It also acts as a detoxification agent hence helps to remove toxins from blood.
- PIPPALI (Piper longum) – Pippali has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. It is beneficial in the treatment of loss of appetite, indigestion, abdominal pain and piles.
- SHUNTHI (Zingiber officinale) - Shunthi is piercing in nature and it acts as a blood purifier due to its detoxification nature. It is used in treating gastrointestinal tract disorders. It also provides relief from cold and cough.
- SAINDHAVA LAVAN (Rock Salt) – The rock salt is considered as the best salt for daily uses. It improves appetite and cures indigestion
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Prepare the coarse powder of all the ingredients and add water to it. Boil it, until it is reduced to one eighth. On completion of process, the kashayam is filtered with a clean cloth and transferred into glass jars. It is used in Luke warm state.
Chiruvilawadi kashayam is indicated in treatment of anal fistula, piles, abdominal lump, constipation, ascites and indigestion
USES AND BENEFITS OF CHIRUVILWADI KASHAYAM
- Chiruvilwadi kashayam is advised in treating piles as it cures constipation which is the main cause of piles.
- This herbal formulation is pitta pacifying in nature hence relieves burning sensation.
- This polyhedral medicine is useful in improving appetite.
5 to 10 ML with 4 times boiled and cooled water twice daily as advised by Physician
Arya Vaidya Pharmacy